Friday, October 19, 2012

Shake Them Haters Off

Can you tell I'm trying to get creative with my titles?  Ha!

Have you ever met someone who lets bitterness, anger and negative thoughts consume them?  To the point where you walk away from every conversation with them feeling completely and utterly drained...and depressed?!  I have.  And it's a reminder that I don't ever, ever, ever want to be that person.  I want to be the person that others WANT to be around.  I want to be the person that lifts people up instead of bringing them down.

I have previously blogged about forgiveness but I have felt strongly about writing again about this topic, especially after listening to Matthew West's song, "Forgiveness" on the radio the other day.  You can watch it below.


The lines that hit me the most from this song are:

It always goes to those that don't deserve
Ain't that the truth?!  And that is why it's so hard to forgive sometimes, especially when the person doesn't even ask to be forgiven.  You feel like you are giving in or giving someone permission to hurt you.  But you aren't. 

Show me how to love the unlovable
Show me how to reach the unreachable

We HAVE to ask God to help us forgive those who have hurt us.  He forgives us every single day for the things we do wrong.  I think He's pretty qualified to show us how to forgive others.

The prisoner that it really frees is you
This is my absolute favorite line.  If you get nothing else from this post, get this... forgiving others is more about you than it is about them.  Holding onto anger, bitterness, resentment and hurt is so toxic.  That person don't even have to know if you have forgiven them or not.  But you have to let it go.  You have to forgive so that you can be healed.

So, this leads us back to the title of my blog.  Shake them haters off!!! Ask for forgiveness, ask God to help you forgive others, forgive them, heal yourself and move on with your life!  I guarantee you will be much happier and have a lot more friends! :)


"He who covers and forgives an offense seeks love, but he who repeats or harps on a matter separates even close friends." ~Proverbs 17:9

"Then Peter came up to Him and said, Lord, how many times may my brother sin against me and I forgive him and let it go? Up to seven times? Jesus answered him, I tell you, not up to seven times, but seventy times seven!" ~Matthew 18:21-22







Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment