Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Getaway, First Steps, Rend Collective Experiment and Custom Cards

Weekend Getaway

We went to Coleman this weekend to celebrate a 50th anniversary for a sweet couple in Garrett's family.  I always love escaping to Coleman!  The peace and quiet of the country life, the fact that Garrison doesn't ask to play on my phone once while we're there, the chance to get off technology for a while and relax with family - it's all priceless.  I wish I would have been better about getting more pictures throughout the weekend but I got some of these yesterday.  These are my favs!

How cute is this high chair?  Ethan sure loved it! 


If I could sum up "love" in a picture...

These boys love their Granny!
 



First Steps

Our precious Ethan finally took his first steps this weekend (seven to be exact)!  And the best part was it was on Father's Day!  I was so glad Garrett and I were both able to watch him walk for the very first time.  He did it a second time and Garrett's Granny got to see but Garrison has yet to witness it.  He sure tried hard yesterday to get him to do it again but I guess he hasn't learned how stubborn our little E is.  In his own time!

And he suddenly turned into a major Mama's boy this weekend.  You won't hear me complain about that.  Oh, how I love this sweet angel baby God has blessed us with!



Rend Collective Experiment

I am loving this new Christian band I just discovered.  They are from North Ireland and their sound is so unique.  The only song I have heard played on the radio of theirs is "Build Your Kingdom Here" and it's amazing!

You can watch the video by clicking on the below picture.  It's a pretty sweet video and really makes me want to watch them live!


Custom Cards

I came across a really cool website called Treat.com and you can build custom greeting cards there (add photos, change text, etc.) and they will mail them for you.  Make sure you allow at least a week (even more for holidays).  I have used them several times and it makes greeting cards so much more personal I think.  And the best part?!  The total cost is just a little over $4, so what you would spend on a regular Hallmark card.  Check them out here.



I hope you all had a great Father's Day!  I am so incredibly blessed to have a daddy who is such a Godly example in my life.  The love he has for my sister and I is unconditional and to know that our Heavenly Father loves us all even more than that is unfathomable (but so real) to me. 




And I am blessed to have a husband and best friend who is an awesome daddy to our boys.  I can't wait to see where God leads him and us in this life.

~Jewels*



No comments:

Post a Comment