Friday, October 19, 2012

Beef Tenderloins with Mushroom Sauce

I totally forgot to include this recipe with my post earlier.  I found a recipe similar to this on Pinterest and I modified it because I didn't have the ingredients it called for.  Made this last night and it was a.mazing!!!

Sorry I don't have measurements but this is one of those things that doesn't need exact amounts - my favorite kinds of dishes to make!


Beef Tenderloins with Mushroom Sauce

Beef Tenderloins
Heavy whipping cream
Garlic powder or minced garlic
Onion Powder
Salt/Pepper
Butter
White wine
Mushrooms (I used baby bella and they were great!)

Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat.  **Tip - if you like your steaks more done you might want to mix some olive oil with the butter before cooking the steaks because that will not burn as easily aka charred steaks.**  
 
Salt & pepper the tenderloins.  Cook tenderloins on each side until browned. Turn heat down to medium, cover and continue cooking through until medium (or however you like it).
 
Remove steaks to plate and keep warm.
 
In another pan melt butter and add mushrooms, garlic and onion powder. Sautee until soft. Add whipping cream and some white wine. Allow mixture to bubble and thicken and pour over steaks.
 

Jewels*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment