Monday, October 1, 2012

Recommended Reads

I don't get the chance to read as much as I used to but there are a few books that have changed my life and I hope you'll try them out.

I cannot say enough about The Love Dare.  You can get it directly from their website for $8.79.  Just click here.  This book changed my outlook on marriage.  I think people are under the impression that couples have to read this book together but I found that it had a much bigger impact when I read this and did the daily challenges on my own.  I am actually thinking of reading it again since it has been a few years.

The Love Dare.  Amazing book for your marriage, even if you don't read it with your spouse.  Awesome!


The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian is another great one.  You can get it here for $6.99.  This book taught me how to pray for Garrett.  Instead of picking apart his flaws and criticizing him for them I learned to pray for him to become a better husband, father and spiritual leader.

the power of a praying wife.  Highly recommend this to all wives.


This next book was the one that planted the seed for the desire to adopt in my heart.  This is written by Mary Beth Chapman, wife of Steven Curtis Chapman (Christian singer).  They adopted three children from China and also had three biological children.  Their family experienced tragedy when one of their older sons ran over his younger sister with a car in their driveway and she was killed.  I thought this was going to be a super depressing story but instead I found myself laughing hysterially (and then later crying).  She is a woman of unshaken faith and inspiration.  Surprisingly, I found this on Ebay for $3.99 (click here).  This is a must read!

Choosing to See - Mary Beth Chapman.  Amazing read!


I just recently finished this book, as in yesterday.  This is most certainly one of those books that I know will stick with me forever.  It was full of inspiration, hope, faith and the result of following His call.  For me it was also constant confirmation of why I chose to adopt.  You can get the audiobook here for $7.99 or the real thing here for $10.49.  An absolute must read!

Kisses from Katie - reading now.  Amazing and I highly recommend it!


Happy Reading!!!


Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment