Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Real Friendships

I have blogged before about how I just wish most women could be more real.  I have never understood the constant competition and drama women tend to have with each other.  I have been thinking a lot about how important the women in my life are to me.  The ones I am closest to know my fears, my pain, my struggles and the importance of my faith.  They tell me the truth when I need to hear it.  They hold me accountable when I need it most.  They point me back to God when I have fallen.  Relationships with other women are vital.  I am so blessed to be surrounded my so many great women ~ an amazing mom, an incredible sister, grandmas, aunts, cousins, and friends.

My husband is my best friend and I feel like I can trust him with anything. But there are just some things that only women understand. Women have a different perspective on life. They understand what it's like to try to juggle 500 things on a busy day.  They understand that when your hormones are raging you really CAN'T control your emotions and attitude.  :)

I encourage you to stop worrying about what others think about you and get real with the women in your life.  Stop trying to be better, prettier, skinnier, more giving, a better wife, a better mom, a better cook, a better dresser.  Just be you!  I have learned that when I show the real me (being honest, sharing my struggles, sharing my worries, sharing my life experiences) I end up developing deeeper relationships.  We should be lifting each other up and encouraging each other, not picking each other apart and constantly criticizing.  

Of course after having this topic on my mind recently I read an e-mail devotional from a friend basically reiterating the same topic.  Here was one of my favorite verses from it that I want to share.  

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor.  If either of them falls down, one can help the other up.  But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up." ~Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

"Encourage one another and build each other up."  ~1 Thessalonians 5:11


And some of my favs about friendship...

Pinned Image

Pinned ImagePinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image


Jewels*


No comments:

Post a Comment