Thursday, October 18, 2012

Favorite Products

I was telling a girl at work the other day that pre kids it would take me about an hour and a half to get ready in the mornings.  Now that I'm a mom you can bet your sweet ass I've got that down to 45 minutes... 20 minutes if I wear my hair curly.  :)

I still love wearing makeup and being girly but after I found some products that I loved it took even less time doing my makeup and hair in the mornings.  I thought I would share some of those with y'all in case you're interested.


Makeup

My absolute favorite mascara is by Dior and it's called Blackout.  Thanks a lot Leslie for turning me on to this $20 mascara.  :)  I am normally super cheap with makeup products but mascara is definitely the one thing I will spend a bit more on.  You can get this at Sephora.  I actually haven't bought this one in a while because I HATE going to the Galleria or Willowbend. When I go to those places I actually want to wear my t-shirts with holes in them just to see what people will say. 


A good alternative to this can be found at Target.  e.l.f. is one of my favorite makeup brands.  It's high quality and super cheap.  This one is $3.

Speaking of e.l.f. I really love their eye shadow and lip gloss too.  Here are some of the ones I have recently purchased.  If Target doesn't have it you can order all their products directly from their website by clicking here.

Best nude lipstick I have found.  $3


Love the lip gloss.  $1

Candlelight cream eye shadow (great as a base). $3



Golden Goddess eye shadow (shimmery, pretty all over or as a brown bone highlighter).  $3

I have tried every foundation under the sun and my absolute favorite is Everyday Minerals.  It could be compared to Bare Minerals but way cheaper.  Ever since I have been using this powder foundation I have gotten lots of compliments on my skin.  And the best part?!  It's only $12!  I buy the semi matte sunkissed fair.  You can search their products here

Last but not least is blush.  I have the hardest time finding just the right color.  I finally came across the Maybelline Dream Mousse blush (cream blush) and I love it because it gives that dewey look.  I use the rose petal shade.  It's around $10.


Hair

I don't use a ton of hair products but have found some I love!

When I wear my hair curly I tend to use the Herbal Essence Totally Twisted gel and mousse.  You can get them at Wal Mart or Target for around $5.


 
I also recently discovered the CHI straightguard smoothing styling cream.  A little bit goes a loooong way.
 

Another one of my favs is the Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Root Pump.  This stuff rocks!  And surprisingly I have found it at TJ Maxx for around $10 a few times.


Last but not least is one of my life saving products when I wake up late.  Dry shampoo!  I have been using the TRESemme one (around $5 at Target or Wal Mart) and it works great!


So there ya' go!  That is my super long list of product recommendations.  Damn, I need to get paid for all this advertising.


Jewels*
















No comments:

Post a Comment