Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hurricane

For those of you who haven't heard of Jimmy Needham you are missing out.  He is an amazing artist and I am so in love with his music.  Here is one of my favorite songs, "Hurricane".


These are my favorite lyrics from the song:

And if destruction's what I need
Then I'll receive it Lord from Thee
Yes, I'll receive it Lord from Thee


I think the song perfectly describes my need for God.  There have been times in my life where I need him to wreck my world so I could be closer to Him.  And it has been during these times that I have grown so much closer to Him and so much stronger in my faith.  The times where I am down on my knees asking "Why?", the times when I am out of tears and out of energy, the times when I am desperate for the kind of strength that can only come from Him. 

I know it is hard to see the positive when you are going through something so awful, but you have to ride it out and trust that He knows what He is doing and that if you let Him, He will use that life experience to strengthen your trust and faith.

I am able to look back on a few times in my life where I thought my world was crashing down and I never thought I would come out on top of that.  But I can see the result of a lot of those times and see how God was using that experience to strengthen me and my faith.  He was turning me into the woman, wife, mother, friend I am today.  I realize now that I wouldn't trade those life experiences for anything. 

We all have a purpose here on earth.  We are not here to live a happy go lucky, self satisfying kind of life.  I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Well that sucks!" but it doesn't!  See, when we hand control over to God no matter what the circumstances and follow Him our "cups runneth over". 
"You prepare a table before me, even in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows." ~Psalm 23:5
We overflow with joy which is so much better than temporary happiness, trust me!  We are here for a purpose and part of everyone's purpose is to love, serve others and most importantly serve Him.

If you are going through a hard time right now I encourage you to pray for strength, ask others to pray for you and most importantly, trust Him.  Trust that He will use this time in your life to fulfill a purpose, even if you don't yet know what that purpose is.


 
 



Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment