Garrison tied his balloon onto Ethan's hammer - the toy he never lets go of. We were so amused by the result.
I have made a couple of yummy, healthy recipes lately and wanted to share them with y'all! P.S. I am only down a pound this week so that's kind of depressing but at least I'm not up! :)
Healthy Chicken & Spinach Flautas
I modified this recipe a bit so I am giving you my modified version. Garrett and I LOVED it! Tip for kiddos - put a bit of the chicken mixture aside before mixing in the jalapenos.
- 2 large boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 16 ounces light Beer or chicken broth (The beer gives it great flavor)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, minced (or 1-2 Tbsp sliced jalapenos from jar, minced)
- 2-3 handfuls Baby Spinach, chopped
- 6-8 whole weat (or Life Balance) tortillas. I used soft taco size.
- 6 ounces Mexican shredded cheese or other shredded cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil, or cooking spray
- Salsa or fat free/light sour cream, for serving
- Put chicken and beer in crockpot and let it cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours, approximately. If you don't have time you can bake it in the oven in a large pan with beer on 450 for a couple of hours.
- Take chicken out of crock pot and shred. I just used a knife and fork and pulled it apart while it was still very hot. Put the shredded chicken in a bowl and add some of the juice (beer) from the crockpot.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and cook the chopped spinach and jalapenos over low heat until for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Add jalapenos/spinach to the chicken.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the mixture along the long edge of a tortilla. Add a small handful of shredded cheese. Roll the tortilla up as tight as possible without letting the mixture seep out. Place seam-side down on an oiled baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Brush the flautas with olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, then turn them over and bake for until 10 minutes, or until crispy. Serve with salsa or light sour cream.
BBQ Crockpot Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 bottle sweet baby ray’s bbq sauce
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Ready for the best part?
Throw it all in a crockpot and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours. Dinner is served!