Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hold Me Now and Jalapeno Chicken Poppers with Fiesta Lime Rice (Healthy)

I can totally relate to the song, "Jesus Hold Me Now" by Casting Crowns.  I love this song because it is so raw and real.  There have been so many times in my life where I just crave Jesus.  I need Him near.  I need to feel that He is there with me. 

I heard this song the other day and I felt that push that I needed to share it with y'all.  I know that someone needs to hear this song today and find comfort in the only one who will always be there to give you comfort.  Trust Him and lean on Him.  He will never fail you!

"His love endures forever." ~Psalm 118:4
"The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid." ~Psalm 118:6




As I mentioned yesterday I am trying really hard to start cooking healthy.  So far, so good!  Last night I made a scrumdittlyupmptious (yes, it's a word) recipe(s) from skinnytaste.com.  I'm telling you this is a MUST try!

By the way I will try and include Weight Watchers points with all my recipes.  There is an old point system and a new one.  I am not a fan of the new one but I will try and post points for both where I can find them.

 
Jalapeno Chicken Poppers

9 points (old points and new points) (one serving = 2 stuffed breasts, chicken that is)

Ingredients:
  • 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 3 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder)
  • 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
  • 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack (Sargento)
  • 2 tbsp chopped scallions
  • 8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each
  • 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
  • 1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • olive oil non-stick spray
Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.

Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.

Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out. (I'll be honest and say I totally failed at this but who cares what it looks like when it tastes so good, right?!)

Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.

Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish.
Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.

Bake 25 minutes, serve immediately.


Fiesta Lime Rice

Old Points: 2 pt • Points+: 4 pt (Serving size = 1 cup)
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
  • 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and heated
  • 3/4 cup cooked corn (I didn't incllude corn because the hubbs doesn't like it, boo!), heated
  • 1 large tomato, diced (didn't do this, don't like tomatoes)
  • 1 large scallion, diced fine
  • 2-4 tbsp chopped cilantro (to your liking)
  • 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
  • salt to taste

In a large bowl, combine hot rice, heated corn, heated beans, tomato, scallion, cilantro, lime juice and salt if needed. Toss and serve.


Jewels*


No comments:

Post a Comment