Monday, January 28, 2013

Cousin Time

The boys and I went to Houston this weekend to see my sister and fam.  We always have such a great time there and I absolutely love it when our kids get to spend time together.  We were lucky enough to be around TONS of cousins growing up and there is nothing like it!

My sister and I had some much needed sister time.  Funny how we didn't enjoy our time together this much 20 years ago! :)  My brother-in-law made me venison Saturday night and I must say I.Am.Hooked!  I have had deer once before and it was really tough and not that great.  This was absolutely delicious and you can bet I will be pushing Garrett out the door this fall to bring us home some deer! :)

I am kicking myself for not getting pictures of my cousin's brand new beautiful baby girl and NO pictures of me and my sister but I will remember next time.  Our weekend in picture recap form...


I took off work Friday to go to Garrison's six week assembly at school because were were told he was getting an award.  My little man has worked SO hard, this six weeks especially, and I am so thankful his teacher recognized that.  He was very proud of himself and so happy we came to celebrate with him.  We didn't tell him he was getting an award or that we were coming and at the beginning of the assembly he saw us and said to his friend, "My daddy's here!!!".  That makes my heart smile! 



This was about 30 minutes into the trip down there.  Garrison earned these rock star glasses by getting three rock stars at school in the last 6 weeks.  I'm so proud of my big boy!  He melts my heart!

 
Speaking of big boys... look at this one!  E is officially crawling (ALL over the place) and pulling up on everything.  He may be behind by mosts' standards but he wasted no time catching up!

This one just lights up a room!  I LOVE Miss Ellie Day!
 


 
I found a bow on the table and couldn't help myself.  I don't think he liked it very much.
 

 
But it didn't take much time for him to return to his happy self!
 


 I love this one my sister got of them.  Curious kiddos!
 

 
Ethan watching the big boys play outside... it won't be long E - I promise!
 


 
Happy E's! :)
 


Me and my awesome nephew, Will.  I love this kid so much! 
 



"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."
~Desmond Tutu

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family." 
~Anthony Brandt


Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment