Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Let Him In and Ranch Pork Chops with Butternut Squash

This morning I was thinking about why so many people are "on the fence" with God and it hit me... it's because they don't let Him in.

I am no expert but I know this about God.  He is not a forceful God.  He will not force Himself into your life to prove He is real.  He will, however, meet you WHEREVER you are at WHATEVER place you are in your life and is always ready for you.  The only thing is you have to ask Him.  This is what people mean when they say "accepting" or "receiving" Jesus into their lives.  It sounds so simple because it is. 

I have heard people say things like:
"What has God done for me?"
"Why doesn't God heal my marriage?"
"Why doesn't God heal my pain?"

And my response is:
"Have you asked Him?" 
Have you asked Him to come into your life?  Have you asked Him to heal your marriage?  Have you asked Him to heal your pain?  God doesn't just float around earth with a magic wand making everyone happy.  He is there for you when you ask Him and receive Him.

Maybe you think you can get through life just fine without Him... and maybe you can.  But how about the after life?  Do you really want to wait until you die to accept Him?  I promise you this life on earth is SO much better with Him in it, so let Him in!

I got on Facebook this morning and saw this post from a pastor I know... talk about confirmation that God wanted me to share this today ~ what a perfect verse!

"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." (Matthew 7:7-8)
PUSH ~ Pray Until Something Happens!




I made crispy ranch pork chops with butternut squash last night.  Garrett wasn't a big fan of the pork chops because he likes them better just grilled, but he loved the squash.  I personally loved the pork chops!  Here you go...

Crispy Ranch Pork Chops


Ingredients
1. Ranch Dressing In A Bottle.

2. 3 Cups Fine Dry Italian Bread Crumbs. (I used a bag of Italian seasoned croutons and chopped them very fine with my chopper.)

3. 1 Small Package Dry Italian Dressing Mix.

4. 2 Tablespoons Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese.

5. 1 Tablespoon Dry Powdered Garlic.

6. 6 Large Loin Pork Chops.

**It is best to use a pan with a rack on it aka broiler pan, so the pork chops are sitting on the rack and not the pan.  This makes the pork chops crispy instead of soggy.

Directions
Preheat oven to 400.

You will want to mix ingredients 2 - 5 in a large bowl and mix together very well. Now pour a layer of ranch dressing out into a plate. Take one pork chop at a time and coat it on the plate with ranch dressing and then put the pork chop with the ranch dressing on it into the large bowl with the bread crumbs and coat it well on all sides. Add more ranch dressing to the plate if you need to.

Spray the rack on the pan with vegetable cooking spray. Place your breaded pork chops onto the rack and once you have all your pork chops on the pan place it into the oven and bake for about 30 - 40 minutes or until the thick part of your pork chops reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. As soon as your pork chops are done remove from the pan and serve as soon as possible.


Here is I guarantee you the best pork chop you will ever taste.



Butternut Squash with Brown Butter (Martha Stewart)

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 butternut squash (about 1 3/4 pounds), peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
  • 1/2 cup canned chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon dark-brown sugar

Directions

  1. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown. Add squash; saute, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender when pierced with a fork, about 16 (took me more like 20) minutes.
  2. Add chicken broth, the water, and brown sugar; cook until liquid has evaporated and squash is nicely caramelized, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Serve.
 
 
I have never made butternut squash so I was a bit perplexed as you can see.  I even had to call my mom to ask if I was supposed to use the whole thing or just the bottom.  The whole thing is the answer for those of you who are equally confused.
 

 
 
Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment