Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pinterest Picks

I am officially hooked on Pinterest.  When my sister told me about it a while back I thought it was one of those sites for creative people, most definitely not myself.  When I signed up though I quickly realized it was so much more than that!

I have gotten in the habit of posting all of the awesome recipes I have taken from Pinterest.  Too bad lots of those were deleted by accident (sent into cyberspace neverland) when I was trying to label them as "recipes".  So, this post is about all of my other Pinterest successes and favorite picks.  And I will continue posting yummy recipes as I try them out.

*You can click on anything in yellow to take you to that website.*


For the Kids
 
Tooth Fairy Letter
 
I am anxiously waiting for Garrison to lose his first tooth that has been loose FOREVER!  I can't wait to try this one out.  You, I mean the tooth fairy, just write a letter to them in very small handwriting on very small paper.  I don't think I will make it as far as the small envelope.
 


I See Me

I actually heard about them through Groupon.  This is an amazing website where you can personalize lots of stuff for kiddos.  I got the boys both placemats with their names and we also got Ethan a great book called, "God Loves Me".  Check them out here!



Prayer Pot

I haven't done this yet but this is a good reminder that I want to start it.  Have your kids write their prayers on popsicle sticks and put them in a prayer pot.  A great way to get your kids involved in prayer - love this idea!






Mom Tips

Phone Number Bracelet

I saw this one today and I couldn't think of a better idea.  It's a DIY (do it yourself)  phone number bracelet to put on your kids when you travel or go to a crowded place like the fair or a sports event.  Great idea!


Great Reads

I have posted about past articles but these two are some newer ones I have come across.

Seven Motherhood Ideas I Love
This is an article full of great ideas of things to do with your kids when they are young.  There are only seven of them so it isn't overwhelming.

7 Quirky Discipline Rules that Work
I got some great new tips from this article.  A must read!


Positive Body Image

I don't even have a girl and I absolutely love this.  Boys need good body image too but let's be honest - too many girls these days struggle with this.  Let's end the cycle for our daughters.




Fashion and Beauty
 
 
 
 



Hair Tricks - the twisted bangs was definitely my fav but she has other tips on her blog.
 



Valentine's Day
 
I am not big on Valentine's Day but I think this is a great idea to do for your kids.  I will definitely be doing this for Garrison this year.  Starting February 1st you put a heart on their door with something you love about them. 
 

 
I might do these for Garrett and give him one each day with his lunch the week of Valentine's Day.  I might switch it up and put reasons why I love him though.  Of course mine probably won't turn out this pretty. 
 

 
 
 
 
Tips and Tricks
 
This is by far the one I am most excited about.  Have you ever left the towels in the washer too long and they have a mildew smell?  All you have to do is rewash them in hot water with 1 cup of vinegar.  Some pins out there also tell you to add baking soda and other stuff but all you need is the vinegar. 
 


Organizing scarves - all you need is a hanger and shower rings!



 
 
24 ways to reuse baby containers - I really need to put some of these ideas to use!
 

 
 
 
 
That is a very small sample of some of the great ideas you can find on Pinterest.  This was a good reminder for me that I need to spend more time implementing these ideas than pinning them.
 
 
Jewels*




No comments:

Post a Comment