Thursday, January 17, 2013

Faith is Knowing He WILL

After taking down all of my Christmas decorations I started putting back out some of my year round house decor.  I came across this sign that my Grandmama painted.  I pass by this sign every day when I leave my house but I realized I have not read it in a while.  This is what it says:

"Faith is not believing that God can.  It is knowing that He will."

My Grandmama is a very wise lady and I remember her telling me one time that when she prays she actually thanks God for what she is requesting.  For example, instead of saying, "Lord, please heal me" she says, "Thank you Jesus for healing me".  Now THAT is faith!  She doesn't hope God will heal her.  She knows, without a doubt, He will heal her. 

I aspire to have that kind of faith one day.  I feel like God has proven Himself to me over and over and over again but sometimes I let that doubt creep in and keep me from trusting Him completely.  I am a planner, and therefore a worrier, by nature.  I become fearful when I am not in control.  I sometimes let doubt and fear become bigger than God in my life.  What an awful way to live. 

This saying my Grandmama painted reminds me to trust in God in every circumstance, not just the ones where I am willing to give up control.  I can just see Him looking down at me and lovingly saying, "My dear child, have I not shown you time and time again that I know what is best for you?  Let go.  Know that I have this and trust in me."  I get it God.  I think I finally get it.  And I know that you WILL!





Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment