Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Say Hey (I Love You), Enough and Good Food!

Say Hey (I Love You)
This is one of those songs that gets me (and Garrison) in a good mood no matter what!  Garrison and I like to crank it up in the car and dance to it and we did just that this morning on the way to daycare.
Enjoy it on this Wednesday morning!  You WILL be dancing by the end of it... or at least tapping your foot, I promise. :)



Enough
I'm so sick of hearing about all these sad stories on the news lately. 

Sunday night we were watching the news and they were talking about the woman whose step son died from food and water deprivation.  I watched a clip of the trial and the boy's twin brother testified (awful) and then it had a clip of the stepmom talking.  First of all I wanted to reach through the tv and just slapahoe (sorry, but it's true).  She was saying that he was in timeout (standing on an X looking out the window for hours at a time) like he "always is" and he just collapsed.  Apparently this woman became friends with a fellow child abuser in jail - you know, the woman who superglued her toddler's hands to the wall as a punishment?  Yeah, that one.  WHAT is wrong with these people??? 

Then earlier this week there was a story about how a husband killed his wife and then himself at their kid's 16th birthday party. 

Last night I hear about the 15 year old boy who killed his parents, his brother and his two younger sisters.  He proceeded to text a picture of his mother's dead body to his girlfriend.  Again, I say really?!  I am just so sick of it all.  After hearing the story last night I said to Garrett, "What kind of parents keep guns out of a safe with hormonal teenagers (or any kids for that matter) in the house?  You know what they need to do?  They need to try that kid as an adult and give him the death penalty just like they would an 18 year old.  This has to stop."  But shortly after I said that I realized that no law or court system can change how evil and broken our world has become.  This world needs Jesus!

I implore you to try and make a difference in this world today, every day.  Every single one of us can make a difference in someone's life every single day.  You don't have to spend hours upon hours with someone, adopt a kid - although I highly recommend it :), mentor a kid or spend a bunch of money.  Pay someone a compliment, smile at a stranger, tell someone how proud you are of them, tell someone how much you appreciate them and for goodness sakes, tell your kids every single day how much you love them.


Good Food
My friend Kelli came over for dinner last night and as always it turned into a 5 hour evening.  I just love catching up with friends and making up for all the time we have missed.  We enjoyed some yummy food too! 


Cajun Shrimp Casserole



Kahlua Cake
 



Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment