Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Recap and It's Good to be Alive!

What a weekend!

Friday my mom met me at Firewheel to get Ethan's first haircut!  Garrett was working so I made sure to get lots of pictures.  Ethan did great and looks like such a big boy now which all you parents know is kind of bittersweet.  Much thanks to Miss Linda for doing a great job on both of my boys' hair!  My hairdresser, Linda Evans, has moved to The Salons at Bella Suites at Firewheel in Garland so be sure and check her out here and give her a call.  She is giving all new clients 20% off! 

Tell me he ain't cute... I dare ya'! ;)





Friday night my parents were nice enough to keep the boys so we could go out and celebrate two friends' birthdays.  My mom, the boys and I met my dad at Gloria's (shocker, I know) and they had an early dinner while I had an early evening cocktail! :)  We went to Geisha in Plano for the first birthday dinner celebration and I was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was.  I pass this place every day on my way to work and it was the first time we had been.  While the guys went to smoke some post dinner cigars I met up with a couple of friends for my friend Kelli's 30th birthday!  I can't believe I have been friends with these girls for 18 years!  Time FLIES!  We had such a great night but this almost 30 year old just can't hang anymore.  I was literally falling asleep during our conversations around 1 am but I somehow hung on until 2 am.
 
Photo: Two of my favorite people in the world celebrating birthday night with me! Love you girls!


Saturday I woke up at 7:30 (just can't sleep in anymore) to pick up my boys.  After grocery shopping and park time I was off to meet two great friends for lunch.  It was SO great to have a little kid free catch up time with these girls.  I have been friends with Natalie for 20 years and Anne for 15 years.  Damn, I feel old!  I wish I would have gotten a picture of the three of us... next time!

Garrett went out with some friends Saturday afternoon and I had some nice down time with my boys at home.  Ethan is a little obsessed with my face lately and not in a good way.  Pretty sure I have a new scratch mark on my face or neck every day.  This is pretty much what my Saturday afternoon on the couch looked like...

Photo: ...Real life mommy hood

You can bet this tired mama was in bed by 8:30 on Saturday night.  Garrison even stayed up later than me!  Pathetic I know.

Church on Sunday was amazing as always!  If you're in the Wylie area you should definitely check out our church, New Hope.  There are tons of young families, the music is awesome and the preaching is incredible every week!  The new superintendent of Wylie schools was there and he just seems incredible.  I am so excited that we chose Wylie as the city to raise our kids.  We have had nothing but positive experiences with their schools thus far.  He spoke about an awesome program Wylie ISD has called Paving the Wylie Way.  It is basically a program where you can volunteer to mentor the youth in Wylie schools.  You can learn more about it here

Last night we went to my in-laws' to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday (belated).  I am so lucky to have such great in-laws and Garrison and Ethan are especially lucky to have such loving grandparents.

Like I said, what a weekend!  And then Garrett called this morning to tell me he would be working pretty much every night/day from this Thursday through the end of the weekend.  I see more friend catch up time in my near future and you won't hear me complain about OT pay!  Seriously though, I am so grateful I have such a hard working husband!

I am loving this song by Jason Gray!  The video is hilarious - I'm hoping that was their intent.  Haha!  I hope I can remember to not take life for granted and to wake up every day remembering how good it is to be alive!



Make it a great week y'all!

Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment