Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Who I Am

I have always loved the song "Who I Am" by Jason Gray so I went to You Tube to find a clip so I could share it with y'all.  And I fell even more in love with the song after watching the video.  You have to watch this... not just listen to it!



So many people live with guilt and regret.  They could label themselves a cheater, a liar, a betrayer, an addict, a murderer, a failure.  And there are others who have had to endure a painful life and they might label themselves as hopeless, empty, rejected, betrayed, a victim. 

If you would have asked me 9 years ago who I was I would have labeled myself "wife".  If you would have asked me a few years ago who I was I would have labeled myself "mom".  I have always felt like I had a surface understanding of who I was but it wasn't until I started living for Jesus that I felt like I really knew who I was - who He created me to be.  If you were to ask me today who I am I would label myself "His". 

Instead of living for myself I feel like I can finally say I live for Him.  Instead of doing what feels right in the moment I seek His will.  I do what He calls me to do even when I don't want to.  When I want to be selfish I think of how selfless He is.  When I find myself becoming impatient I remember that His timing has never failed me in the past.  Does that mean I'm perfect?  Definitely not.  It just means that I do my best to live for Him every day.  And by doing so I have become a better "wife", a better "mom", a better "daughter", a better "sister", a better "friend".

Who are you?  You are His beloved!  You are His child!  You are everything to Him!  Just ask him and He will show you.


Jewels*



No comments:

Post a Comment