Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Stand For Something

It is so incredibly frustrating to see people not caring about this election.  I understand that neither candidate is perfect.  I understand that the political commercials are exhausting.  But men and women have fought for our right to vote and it does matter.

I got on Facebook this morning and the updates I hated seeing the most were the ones where people were bashing others for being passionate about the results of this election (one way or another).  I completely understand and agree that we should not be spewing hatred or racial remarks but for someone to be saddened or overjoyed by the results is a good thing.  It means they care and they are passionate about something.  It is so much worse to not care or not have an opinion than to be passionate. 

Stand for something or you will fall for anything

And now for my opinion on the results.  ***WARNING*** to all of you who don't want to hear an opinion from someone who is passionate about what happens to this country, stop reading now.  Don't say I didn't warn you!

First and foremost, my hope and trust is in the Lord and He alone!  I know that the world will not end because of this election.  I know that we will all survive.  I will continue praying for our country and that those in office make good decisions to make this nation strong again.

Today my heart is heaviest for our military and their families.  The United States military is the backbone of this country, period.  Obama has made tremendous cuts to our military and will continue to do so.  With our already weakened economy this is not good.  A weak nation is a prime target for international attacks.  That is not a "world is ending" prediction.  It is truth.  I fear for our military and their families more than I fear for the civilians of this country.  I pray the men and women of our armed forces stand united and stay strong.


Confused

Facts are bolded.

93% of African Americans voted for Obama.
African Americans hold the highest percentage of the unemployment rate at 14.3%.

These facts have nothing to do with race so don't even go there.  My question is how can 93% of a group of people that hold the highest unemployment rate in this country vote for Obama when the unemployment rate has risen over the last 4 years?


60% of young voters voted for Obama.
The number of doctors turning away Medicare patients has dramatically increased due to Obamacare.

Here is a little news for the 60% of young voters who are likely voting for more "modern" views... maybe those who saw Obama on The View or read about him in US Weekly.  Those college loans might be great right now but when you are working in the real world, if you are even lucky enough to get a job after college, you will realize how bad off our economy is.  When you have kids and start worrying about their future you will care.  You may not care about the elderly getting turned away from the doctors they have been seeing for the last 20 years but when you turn 65 you will care.  When there is no decent or affordable healthcare left for the elderly you will care.


The federal budget sent to Congress last month by Mr. Obama, projects the National Debt will continue to rise as far as the eye can see. The budget shows the Debt hitting $16.3 trillion in 2012, $17.5 trillion in 2013 and $25.9 trillion in 2022.

How can anyone in this country vote for someone who has increased, and is projected to almost triple, the debt he "inherited"?


Again, these are just some things I am confused about.  Putting aside moral issues like gay marriage and abortion (which are very important issues no matter where you stand) how can anyone in their right mind think that re-electing this president is a good idea?


I'm off my soap box.  I just figured this was a better forum to get those things off my chest than Facebook, where the majority of people seem to just not care about the results of this election.


Jewels*







No comments:

Post a Comment