Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pushy Christians and Chicken & Biscuit Casserole

I totally get that Christians want to share everything they know about Jesus.  They are so passionate about Him and things He has done in their life that they want the whole world to know.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  The problem is that sometimes that passion can turn into pushiness.  It can cause Christians to become judgmental and take on a holier than thou attitude.  Trust me when I say this is the worst way to share Jesus with others.  I have known so many non-believers who think Christians are nothing but judgmental hypocrites.  And let's be honest... do you blame them?

The best way to show Jesus to others is by showing love.  This doesn't mean you have to agree with their lifestyle or their choices.  It just means that you love them no matter what.  You do not judge them.  God doesn't call us to judge others.  He calls us to love them like we love Him.

I think it is in our human nature to want to "fix" someone or just to make sure that those closest to us are happy.  This is especially hard for those of us who have family members or close friends who aren't believers.  I want everyone I know to experience and understand His love.  But you can't talk someone into loving Jesus.  You can share your experiences and you can give them Godly advice when they ask for it.  The best thing you can do for them is love them.  Show them the love that Christ shows us.  If you let Him, God will use you in His way in His time to bring others to Him. 

This is one of my favorite songs from Jimmy Needham called "Come Around".



"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love."  ~1 John 4:7-8

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” ~John 13:34-35


Chicken & Biscuit Casserole

I found this recipe on Pinterest and made it last night.  I have to say it was pretty tasty even though I had to make a slight modification.  We ate too late for Garrison to eat with us but I saved some for him tonight and I know he's going to love it!  

Ingredients
1 can of pilsbury biscuits
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup of Sour Cream
1/2 stick of butter, melted
1 can of sweet peas
2 cups cooked chicken (Approximately 2 large chicken breasts)
1 cup mild cheddar cheese
3 TBS milk
 
 
What to do now:Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix soup and 1/2 cup sour cream in 8-inch square baking dish. Stir in chicken, and peas, milk, and melted butter: flatten out, and put the cheese sprinkled evenly on top.  I added salt and pepper into the mixture.
 
This is where the original recipe says to add buiscuits on top and cook for a straight 35 minutes but I found that the biscuits quickly browned on top and the mixture was not hot enough so this is what I would recommend.
 
Put the dish in the oven without the biscuits and cook for about 10-15 minutes. 
Take the dish out and layer the biscuits on top.  Bake until the tops of the biscuits are a golden brown. 
Flip the biscuits.  (If you do not flip you will have biscuits that are cooked on top and doughy on bottom.)
Bake for another 10 minutes or so until the biscuits are a golden brown.
 
I served without sides because it is a complete meal with the chicken and greens (peas).
 
 
Here is a picture of what mine looked like.  There is some cheese on top of the biscuit that ended up being baked in since I flipped the biscuits halfway through.  I thought this made it even yummier (if that's a word)!
 

And Garrett said he liked it "okay" but he's not a fan of peas.  Funny, I don't see any peas, or any food at all for that matter, left on his plate!  :)

 
Enjoy!!!


Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment