Thursday, November 8, 2012

Church and Great I Am

 I was raised in an anglican church and I am now in a non denominational church. I feel so blessed to have known both. From the anglican church I learned sacraments, tradition, reverance and respect for God. Kneeling, standing, sitting, repeat is quite common in the anglican church as you may know. At times it may have seemed repetitive but it was there that I felt like I learned how holy and sacred God is. In the non denominational church I feel like I have a deeper understanding of my personal relationship with Jesus. I feel like I am closer to him through worship and I have grown spiritually by leaps and bounds. I learn so much each Sunday and Garrison is learning so much from Sunday school. Every single message seems to apply to our lives and encourages us to deepen our walk with Christ.

My point in giving you that background is to first say that I don't think there is a perfect church. Finding a church home has been a focus of ours over the last several years. We have tried many, many churches and I am fully confident that God has put us in certain churches at specific times of our life for different reasons. I am certain we were at our last church to be able to connect with the people who eventually led us to Ethan.   I am certain we are at our current church because it is 100% marriage and family focused and it is what we need at this point in our lives. If you are searching for the right church I encourage you to just pray about it.  Trust that God will lead you where he wants you in His time.

I am so in love with this song I keep hearing by Phillips, Craig and Dean called "Great I Am".  You can listen to/watch it below.


I feel like sometimes we forget how powerful and holy our God is.  I agree that we should be able to talk to Him like we talk to anyone else.  We should have that personal relationship with Him.  But we also have to remember how mighty, sacred, powerful and holy He is.  When you truly allow yourself to be immersed in the Holy Spirit there is something so incredibly powerful there.  I don't even know how to describe it and I don't know if I ever will be able to.  I know that the times I am able to worship Him with my whole being are when I am singing praises to Him.

Let us not forget how awesome our God is.  Let us not forget how much it pleases Him when we spend time in worship.  Let your worries go and let yourself get lost in His presence today. 


Jewels*

 

No comments:

Post a Comment