Friday, April 5, 2013

Winna' Winna' Chicken Dinna'

My boss told us yesterday we have a professional photographer coming in the week after next to get our pictures for the website.  You can imagine my excitement since I am sporting about three inches of roots right now.  Money has been super tight so I've been trying to hold off as long as I can but the time has come.  And now comes the difficult decision of whether to chop off my hair or leave it long.  I have a weird husband who likes my hair short.  I like it both ways.  And then this morning on the way into work it dawned on me... if the biggest decision in my life right now is what to do with my hair I think I'm a pretty blessed girl!

Baseball has this girl excited today!  It's opening day for the Rangers at home (Hurry up 1:05 pm!) and it's finally opening night for my big boy's baseball team.  Here's to hoping they don't call the game (again) for the fields being too wet still.  Go Cubs!!!






 
I made a chicken dish from Pinterest last night and believe me when I say it was the bomb diggety.  Yes, I did just say that.  Ladies, for those of you who think cooking a good meal takes way too much effort this is a meal you will love.  It's super easy, doesn't take too long (prep time and cooking is about 45 minutes) and it's DELISH! 
 
I'm sure it has a fancy title but I just like to call it "Winna' Winna' Chicken Dinna'". 
 
I halved this recipe since it was just for two of us.  Below is the full recipe.
 
 
Ingredients
                      
oil, for greasing pan (I lined the pan with foil)                                                
              
8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves                                                   

                
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat a large, shallow baking dish with oil (or line with foil).

Butterfly each breast by slicing in half horizontally through the center, cutting almost but not completely through. Place one slice each of Cheddar and cream cheese in the center of each breast. Close again as if placing between the pages of a book. Set aside.


Pour milk into a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Romano cheese. Carefully dip each breast first in milk, then in breadcrumb mixture, patting lightly to firmly coat. Place breasts side by side in a single layer in pre-oiled baking dish, tucking edges under to seal.



Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in lemon juice and garlic, and drizzle evenly over chicken. Season breasts with garlic salt and paprika, if using.

Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear. 


Here is the stock picture from Pinterest (much prettier than mine)!



~Jewels*
 


No comments:

Post a Comment