Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Take You Back

Jeremy Camp ~ "Take You Back"
Watch it here!


I think one of the biggest misconceptions of following Jesus is that you have to be perfect.  That is so far from the truth.  The truth is that we are ALL sinners.  He paid the price for us when He died on the cross.  And it's by His grace that we are saved. 

But I slept with 30 people.  I was unfaithful to my spouse.  I became addicted to drugs.  I stole to fuel a habit or make a living.  I had an abortion.  I have been living a life of continuous sin.  I rejected God so why would He love me?
I promise you it does not matter what you have done in this life or how far off the path you have strayed; He will take you back.  He has always been there waiting for you.  God is willing to meet you wherever you are in life.  All you have to do is ask Him.

What an awesome God we have.  I know I am incredibly grateful that no matter how badly I screw up He is there waiting for me.  It doesn't mean He isn't disappointed in me.  It doesn't mean He condones my sins.  It means that He loves me enough to forgive me.

No, we don't have to be perfect to follow Jesus.  But what I have learned is the more I follow Him the more like Him I really do want to be.  It's a natural progression.  As I grow closer to Him I find myself letting go of the things I thought I wanted in this life and reaching out to Him instead.  I find myself asking Him what He wants for me in this life.  And I can say, without hesitation, that I have truly never been more full of joy and peace.

Whether you have never known Jesus or whether you rejected Him a long time ago I encourage you to ask Him to take you back.  It is so simple, really.  Say a prayer asking Him to forgive you and accept Him into your heart.  Then maybe try out a church so you can grow that relationship with Him by learning more about Him and connecting to others.  I think you would be surprised that most of us Jesus followers are just like you.  We are just trying to find our way through this crazy, beautiful life. 

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast. ~Ephesians 2:8-9

And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. ~1 Peter 5:10





~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment