Thursday, April 4, 2013

Toothless...Finally!

It seems like all of Garrison's friends have lost at least one or two teeth.  He has had a loose tooth for what feels like a year now.  In reality it has probably only been about four months.  I really thought we were going to have to have his baby teeth surgically removed at some point after all this waiting.  But FINALLY the tooth seemed like it was loose enough to come out.

Two nights ago we decided we were going to try and pull it.  He has the teeniest tiniest teeth I have ever seen so pulling it by hand was not an option (unless I wanted to grab a handful of teeth).  I decided to whip out the phone and take some recordings of our attempts.  And when I say "our" I really mean "Garrett's".  Ha!

By the way, you might want to turn the sound down on your computer for these.  Don't be afraid of the woodpecker that sounds like it is coming through your computer screen and ready for attack.  That's just my laugh. :)

 
Take 1
 
 
 
Take 2
 
 
 
 
Take 3
 
 
 
We finally gave up on Tuesday night.  Last night we decided it was going to be THE NIGHT!  Especially after I saw that it was pretty much hanging by a thread. 
 
 
We were going to wait for Daddy to get home so he could pull it.  I was cooking dinner and Garrison came running into the kitchen telling me his tooth "fell out".  I hate that I didn't get it on video but I did get Garrison breaking it down for me right after it happened.  My favorite line is, "I'm a man and Daddy is not!".  Bahahaha!
 

 
He was SO excited!  He immediately called my mom and mother-in-law to share the great news!  Here is my little toothless boy.  I told my mom last night that I was actually kind of sad about it.  It's very bittersweet to see your little boy grow up before your eyes.
 


Later that night the tooth fairy went to Sugar Daddy's wallet to get a dollar bill.  Sugar Daddy didn't think a dollar was sufficient for the very first tooth so they decided a five dollar bill would be best.  Is it just me or is that a little steep?  Damn cost of inflation.
 
The tooth fairy actually followed through with a Pinterest idea she saw a while back and left Garrison this really cool note. 
 
 
She was SO nervous before going into this room.  She anxiously paced the living room and told Sugar Daddy she could ruin Garrison's childhood forever if he woke up while she was slipping his note/money under his pillow.  Tooth Fairy finally got brave enough to head in and she held her breath for a good two minutes praying he wouldn't wake up... Success!
 
Garrison was SO excited this morning when he woke up and found his note and money from the tooth fairy. 
 
 
 
I love you Toothless!  I can't believe you are almost done with 1st grade and have finally lost your first tooth.  Here is to many more firsts in your life!
 
~Mama
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment