Monday, April 1, 2013

G~Dawg

I'm pretty sure God knew what He was doing when He gave me this hilarious and sweet kiddo.  God knew I needed someone to make me laugh while I navigated my way through learning how to be a parent.  And Lord knows he makes me laugh.





I mean, I honestly have no idea where he even gets it from!



Since I try to keep this blog as somewhat of a memory book I have to recap some of tonight's events with this sweet boy.  And this is just tonight. 

They have a color chart at school for behavior (green, yellow, etc.).  He got on "yellow" at school today which is pretty rare for him.  I asked him what happened and this was pretty much how the conversation went.
Garrison: "So, you see Mom, this kid was talking to me while the teacher was talking and the teacher put me on yellow.  He didn't even get on yellow."
Me:  "Let me see your folder.  I want to read the note your teacher wrote.  Hmmm, it says here you were put on yellow after receiving two warnings from the teacher."
Garrison:  "Well, you see Mom, I didn't want to be rude to the boy.  And I'm not just trying to make excuses, but I didn't want to be mean, so I talked to him one or two times...maybe three.  I don't know the exact number but it definitely wasn't more than ten."
Me:  "Oh, okay.  So just one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight or nine times then? <insert smart ass smile>"
Garrison: "Moooommmmy!"

I'm so glad (1) he gets my sarcastic remarks, (2)  he talks openly to me about things at school, (3) he doesn't argue with me when I hand out the punishment.  Instead he says, "That's fine because I really wasn't in the mood for candy tonight anyways."  Ha...right!


After practice tonight we got home and Garrison went to take a shower.  A little while later he comes into the living room with a full water bottle.  I was frustrated because he was supposed to be getting ready for bed.  So in an exhausted voice I asked why he filled up his water bottle. 
Garrison: "I filled up my water bottle for the next practice to save you time.  That way you won't have to do it."

And those are the kind of moments that wash away all the "yellows" of the day.

This was from his Pre-K graduation a couple years back.  Pretty hard to imagine that he will have a cap and gown on again in 11 years.  Sigh...



~One Blessed Mama









 

No comments:

Post a Comment