Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Making Sense of the Nonsense

Yesterday was a tragic day for Boston.  The most updated numbers show three dead (including an 8 year old child) and 144 injured, several of those in critical condition.  It was also a tragic day here locally in Dallas where a man shot and killed his pregnant girlfriend and unborn child.  In the midst of all the recent tragedies in America I find myself, yet again, pondering how short and precious life is.



Someone posted this on Facebook yesterday, "When does this nonsense of violence end?".  My response was, "When we go to heaven".  It is impossible for us to try to understand the nonsensical violence that takes place here on earth because we live in a broken world.  The world will always be broken and it will always have evil.  And I know the answer is not for us to shelter ourselves and our families.  The answer is not to hide in fear.  The answer is to keep trusting in God and praising Him in all circumstances.  The answer is to build up sons and daughters to put ALL of their hope in the One who gave them life so they can show Jesus to this broken world.

I can't seem to get this passage out of my head this morning so I wanted to share it with you:

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside the still waters.  He restores my soul; he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
~Psalm 23:1




I know that when tragedy strikes we all realize how precious life is.  I know that we all hug our family members extra tight and thank God for our blessings.  Don't let that feeling fade.  Refuse to fall back into the normal routine of life where we take each breath for granted.  Recognize that Jesus gave you those emotions for a reason.  We are meant to do great things in this life.  Don't waste another second!





Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment