Wednesday, October 23, 2013

We Won't Be Shaken

You know what I think the most powerful adjective is to describe one's faith?  Unshakeable.  The definition of unshakeable is "unable to be changed". 

It took me at least a quarter of a century to get to the point where I can say I have unshakeable faith.  Life has not been easy.  Marriage has certainly not been easy.  Parenting has definitely had its share of challenges.  And through it all the one thing that has not wavered is my faith.  In fact it has done the exact opposite - it has strengthened!  It is so interesting to look back over the last ten years and see that when I should have been pushing away from God He was actually pulling me into Him.  When I should have been questioning my life circumstances He was giving me peace about them.  When I ran out of places to look for answers He told me to look to Him.  I feel so blessed to say that He has brought me to the point of having unshakeable faith. 

I am so in love with this Building 429 song, "We Won't Be Shaken".  It reminds me of a group of faithful believers coming together and saying We won't be shaken.  We won't be moved.  No matter what comes our way, we won't be shaken. 



When I listen to this song I think about all of the people who have had to overcome difficult life circumstances - gone through an abusive relationship, lost a child, lost a spouse, lost their livelihood, lived on the streets, gone through bouts of depression or substance abuse.  The list goes on and on.  And so many of these people have overcome and developed or sustained a faith that could move mountains.  Nothing will shake that faith.  Nothing will shatter it. 


Do you look at the state of our world and worry about how bad it will be for your childrens' generation?  Are you on the fence about God's purpose for your life?  Are you dealing with a difficult marriage or a difficult relationship?  Do you feel like you believe in Him but don't know Him?  Been there.  

Have you ever been so passionate about something that you feel like it stirs up life in you?  That you can make anything possible?  That's the kind of passion Jesus wants us to have for our faith in Him.   

With unshakeable faith we can literally change the world.  Believe it and act on it.

~Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment