Monday, May 7, 2012

Pass It On

What a day!!!

I woke up early this morning to get ready before dropping Garrison off at school.  I had a lot of errands to run and wanted to make the most of my morning.  Everything was running smoothly and we were on time.  I went to look for my keys and suddenly remembered I left them in my center console.  (Garrett had been driving with his set of keys all weekend and I forgot to get my keys out of the car.)  Garrett was already in Irving at work with his keys and I was not about to have him drive in traffic all the way home.  My mama came to the rescue and picked us up and let me use her car for the day.  Side note:  Best Mom Ever!!!

So, my day was going much better:
  • Trip to the bank where I cashed a $50 check 
  • Grocery shopping at Wal-Mart
  • Head home to unload the groceries
  • Mom's office to pick her up for lunch
I was so proud to treat my mama to lunch with my cash and thank her for her awesomenesss (yes, this is a word).  I go to pull my wallet out when it's time to pay and it's GONE... like GONE, GONE!!!  You know that stomach sinking feeling you get when you realize you have lost something super important like your keys, a wallet or a kid?  (Not that I have ever experienced the latter of those, HA!)  I just knew I had left it in the buggy (in the parking lot) at Wal-Mart. 
*Side Note - The funny part was I proudly asked the waitress to bring one check.  When she did my mom had to pay.  That waitress probably thought I was a total cheap ass.
*Another side note - does anyone else call it a buggy or was it just my hick mom that taught me that?

I digress.  Anyways, I immediately called Wal-Mart and thank goodness someone had turned it in.  I was fully expecting to find my wallet with no cash and possibly some missing credit cards.  I go to the customer service counter and open it up to see that EVERYTHING is still in place.  I literally screamed at the counter.  And one of the ladies that worked there said, "There are still some honest people in this world."  Another customer standing at the counter just stood there smiling at me.  I guarantee you that after experiencing someone else's good deed she will "pass it on"! 

What will you pass on today?  A word of encouragement to your kiddo or spouse, a phone call to your grandparent you haven't talked to in a while, a smile or a compliment to a stranger?  Pass it on!!!

P.S.  Here is a picture of me getting this awesome wallet for my birthday last year from my mom.  Pretty sure I had this same expression today when I got it back!

 

Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment