Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Let My Life Be the Proof

Have you heard the song "The Proof of Your Love" by King and Country?  I have heard it a couple of times but for some reason when I heard it this morning on the way to work it really resonated with me.  I was surprised to watch the video.  I guess I was expecting a simple video that showed the band playing and vocalists singing.  But instead I was drawn into what appeared to be a military like video that I couldn't stop watching.  To say this is a powerful video is an understatement.  Watch it below.

Someone I love deeply is going through a hard time right now.  This is one of those times in my life where I wish I could control a situation.  I wish I could make this person believe that they are truly worthy of God's love.  I wish I could erase all of their painful memories from their childhood.  I wish I could make this person understand what an impact they already have on others' lives.  I wish this person could understand the power of Jesus and not be afraid to give it all up to Him without fear of being let down or rejected.

But what God showed me this morning, yet again, is that the most powerful way we can reach people is by letting our lives be the proof of God's love.

The brothers in this band, For King and Country, wrote this song based on Corinthians 13. 

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."

I can try to reason with this person by speaking logic into their life.  I can try to build them up so they have a greater sense of self confidence.  I can pray for them.  And maybe I should do all of those things when the moment calls for it.  But the most important thing I can do for them is love them.  Love them like God loves me.  Nothing compares to His love for us. 

I find myself humbly asking God once again to let my life be the proof, the proof of your love

 God is love.  He didn't need us.  But He wanted us.  And that is the most amazing thing.  ~Rick Warren
~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment