Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Little of This, A Little of That

I would like to apologize in advance for this post being all over the place.  But as I have said before, I didn't call this blog "Random Thoughts by Jewels" for nothing.

My Attempt at Fashion
First off, let me just say today is the first day I have tried this whole socks above the boots look.  I'm really digging it!  For those who are completely confused here is a picture of what I'm talking about.


By the way, you can get some really cute boot socks at Target for cheap.  These are the ones I bought.  I think it's odd that they are $4 online and I got them for $2.50 in the store.  Se la vie!

The Goodness and the Beauty
I wanted to share a post with y'all from a blog I follow.  This blog is written by the pastor of my sister's church in Houston.  He is an incredible writer and this post was such a great reminder of how we can and why we should see the beauty in every day things.  You can check it out here.

Sweet Boy
My husband and I were just talking last night about how our oldest son, Garrison, is ridiculously sweet.  I really thought as he got older he might lose some of those sweet and sensitive qualities that we love about him but  so far (fingers crossed) he has not.  Yesterday after school we were driving home and he showed me a picture he drew.  I know all parents say this but he really is a talented artist.  I said, "Wow, Garrison!  That is really great!  I wish I was creative like that."  I said it without even thinking I was insulting myself.  He sat there for a minute and then he said, "Mommy, don't say that.  You are VERY creative!  I mean, you..." and this is where I smiled to myself because I couldn't imagine what he could possibly say that would prove my creativity "...made my room look so nice and you bought that really cool lamp and made all the colors look so good together.  And you create my chore chart every week."  I had to soak that in for a moment.  My son didn't gloat in the praise and compliments I just gave him for his creativity.  Instead he heard that I pointed out a flaw in myself and he felt it more important to build me up and encourage me.  What a gift he is!

Another quick funny story about Garrison.  I am taking canned goods to Garrison's school this afternoon for a food drive they are having.  I will be bringing the cans in the last few minutes of class so I don't have to fight the sea of children running for their freedom at 2:30.  This morning on the way to school I asked him if he was going to be embarrassed if I came in his class this afternoon.  He said, "No, why would I be embarrassed?!"  I told him I was going to bust out some dance moves as I was dropping off the cans and that I had been practicing which ones I was going to do.  That's when he got serious.  "Mommy, I WILL be embarrassed if you dance in front of my class.  Can't you just dance at home?"   Bahahahaha!


Perspective
I want to share with y'all an incredible video that gives a great perspective on who Jesus was/is.  It is really awesome and I encourage you to take three minutes out of your day to watch it.  Click on the below link.  I apologize I wasn't able to embed the video.

http://www.faithit.com/jesus-man-god-something-more-worship/




















 
 
~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment