Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Married Gals, Let's Keep It Classy!

I fully intended on starting my series about Cousin Camp 2013 today but I have not uploaded my pictures yet.  I am hoping to get that done tonight so I can start those posts tomorrow.

Today's post will be a bit of a venting session.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  I really do try to make most of my posts encouraging and uplifting but sometimes a girl just has something to get off her chest.  Today is that day.

I realize I am a very black/white, right/wrong kind of person.  But I also feel like I am good at reserving judgment on people for a few reasons: (1) I do not know what they have been through in their life (2) I am certainly not perfect and (3) God doesn't call us to judge, but to love.  That being said, this is one of those things that just infuriates me and I have to get it out there.

Let me preface this by saying that I love my girl friends and it really is good for the soul to spend time with some of my closest friends. 

I talk to a lot of married women and hear about their girls' nights and I can't help but sit there in awe of what they are so casually discussing.  I can't help but wonder if their husbands have any idea what these girls' nights consist of. 

Why do these girls' nights have to be at a bar/club?  Why do they dance like strippers with other girls and then complain when a guy tries to approach them?  Why do some married women feel the need to flirt with other guys?  Why do these women feel like they need to continue getting attention from guys when they are supposed to be in a committed relationship?  Some women take it as far as taking off their rings to see how many drinks guys will buy for them.  Maybe they aren't crossing the line and cheating but to disrespect their husbands like that (not to mention themselves) and to tease another guy like that just for a few free drinks - is it really worth it?! 

It is women like this who give other women a bad name.  It is women like this who discourage guys from ever committing.  It is women like this who make guys think they might as well cheat.

I have actually talked to some of these women before and it shocks me that they have loving husbands who treat their wives like queens.  They are devoted and committed fathers and husbands.  These women also complain about having sex with their husbands.  And this always perplexes me.  You have a man at home who WANTS to be intimate with you, yet you feel the need to get some random guy's attention in a bar just to make you feel better about yourself?!  And the craziest part is these are the same women who feel scorned and rejected when their husbands end up having an affair and leaving them for someone else. 

I can't help but think this is just a huge self esteem issue.  My parents didn't raise me to think I was a princess or above anyone else but they did teach me that my worth is in Jesus.  They taught me that I should treat others how I want to be treated - with respect.  They taught me that marriage is a holy union and not something to be taken lightly. 

This brings me back to the theory that if we would just raise our daughters to have better self esteem, confidence and MOST importantly find their worth in nothing and no one but Jesus they wouldn't grow up to be selfish, entitled, attention seeking women who pass those same traits onto their daughters.

I'm officially off my soap box.  And I feel so much better getting that off my chest.


 




~Jewels*


 

No comments:

Post a Comment