Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Somebody Tell Them

I am loving this City Harbor Song, "Somebody Tell Them"!


Chorus:

Somebody tell him that the lost are saved
Somebody tell him that his debt has been paid
Let him know that love is calling out his name
Somebody tell him that he's a child of the king
And there's an end to the suffering
And hope that never fades
Through grace that's made a way



Do you ever look in someone's eyes and just see how lost they are?  This song makes me think about those people.  It makes me think about the kids who act out just because they don't get love or attention at home.  And the teenage girls who feel like they have to dress a certain way or succumb to the pressure of having sex just to be accepted.  And the pregnant mothers who are so completely torn about whether or not to have an abortion.  And those who have been overtaken by a life of addiction.  And the children who have been molested and don't understand what they did to deserve it.  And the women and children who feel imprisoned in a home with domestic violence.  And the men who feel like they have to hurt women and children to be heard or have some sort of power.

I realize that telling someone about God isn't going to change their life circumstances.  But it plants a seed.  And listening to them plants a seed.  And reserving judgment on them plants a seed.  And inviting them to church plants a seed.  And loving them plants a seed.

Romans 8:28 tells us that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  I believe that.  I believe it because I have witnessed it.  I believe it because I have lived it.

I'm learning that the only way to show people the way to Jesus is through love. 


~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment