Friday, May 31, 2013

What Love Really Means

I so love this song from JJ Heller, "What Love Really Means".  You have to listen to it all the way through to get the full message. 


As a wife and mom of two boys I can definitely get caught up in the chaos of life every day.  This morning was most definitely one of the most challenging.  I was in Home Depot picking up bug spray and the cashier could not get over how precious Ethan was.  She told me how blessed I am to have such a sweet and happy boy and said her and her husband have always wanted a boy.  It hit me in that moment that I do have a sweet boy - two of them as a matter of fact.  Ethan is definitely in a very difficult stage right now.  He is starting to display major signs of a bad temper and some anger/control issues.  I know without a doubt that God was trying to tell me in that moment, through that cashier, how blessed I am!  As I looked down at Ethan he gave me the biggest smile and leaned in for a kiss ~ melting my heart like he always does! 

Sometimes it takes me hearing a song like this to remember that if I would just take the time to soak in my blessings and change my perspective I would see people through God's eyes.  I would view my screaming, tantrum throwing 17 month old as a constant blessing.  I would view my argumentative 7 year old as an independent boy who is trying to find himself in this world.  I would view my sometimes short tempered husband as an exhausted, hard working husband and father.  God loves us for who we are, not for what we have done or what we will become.  I figure it's about time for me to start learning to do the same toward others.

~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment