Monday, May 6, 2013

Lone Star Jam

Garrett and I went to Austin this past weekend to go to Lone Star Jam with my cousin and her boyfriend.  We had so much fun!  As I have said before I am forever in debt to my cousin, Elisabeth, for turning me on to some good Texas country music.  If you have not listened to these artists you have to check them out.  These were my favorites from the day (click on their name to go to their website):

Stoney LaRue

Josh Abbott Band

Aaron Watson  (This guy has such a cool story!)

We didn't get to see Randy Rogers Band because they performed on Sunday but they are also one of my new favorites!

Garrett went and bought me a brand new phone on Saturday morning (which I absolutely LOVE) and I still didn't manage to get any pictures at the Lone Star Jam (still kicking myself for that).  But I found this one on their Facebook page and it will show you just how crowded it is there.  Good thing we got there early and had a good setup on the hill with a good view!



Here are a few pictures I did get from Friday night.  We went to a ridiculously yummy Mexican food place, Trudy's, for dinner and then we went to sing some karaoke.  Of course I was the only one that sang.  I WILL get my cousin to sing one of these days.




I don't know if I could ever picture myself living in Austin but I definitely love visiting!  And there truly is nothing like coming home to my sweet boys.  I missed these faces!



~Jewels*


No comments:

Post a Comment