Monday, September 23, 2013

Dear Garrison (Happy 8th Birthday)

Dear Garrison,

The moment I found out I was pregnant with you my life changed for the better.  I am better because of you.  You made me grow up.  You made me rely on Jesus a lot more.  You made me want to put others first.  You are the one who made me understand how much Jesus loves me.  One day you will have a son or daughter of your own and you won't be able to imagine a love greater than that.  But there is - God's love for us is so much bigger than we can imagine and I can't wait for you to fully understand that and share it with the world!

I love what an incredible big brother you are to Ethan. 


 

I love how funny you are. 




You are an awesome baseball player and you have a great team!  I can't wait to watch you play and excel over the next several years.




I love that you still want to cuddle with me.  I love that you still call me "Mommy" in front of your friends.  I love that you give me out of nowhere hugs and "I love you's".  As much as I want you to stay little forever I know that God has so much planned for you in this life.  I pray for you to grow into a man who is not afraid to stand up for Jesus.  I pray for you to clearly know right from wrong.  I pray that you will recognize mistakes you make, ask for forgiveness and learn from those experiences.  I pray that you will find a good woman who will love you and be honored to stand alongside you in this life.  I pray that she will be a compassionate and nurturing mother to your children.  You are going to make a very lucky lady so happy one day.  It will be so hard letting you go but I know that it is necessary to let you grow and change this world for the better.

I love you more than I could ever express.  You have changed mine and your daddy's lives forever and we are so incredibly proud of the boy you have become.  We are always here for you and can't wait to see where life takes you.




 

 
 



Kindergarten
 
1st Grade
 
2nd Grade







"Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." ~Matthew 5:16


I love you!

Mommy


1 comment:

  1. What a great post! It brought tears to my eyes. Garrison is a lucky little boy to have you as his mommy.

    ReplyDelete