Thursday, September 5, 2013

Skinny Mexican Chicken Enchilada Casserole and Updated Pics

I made this new recipe last night from Skinny Taste.  Garrison and I loved it but Garrett was not a fan at all.  So take what you will from that.  It is easy though and the fact that you can eat 1/6 of it for 8 weight watchers points (plus) is pretty darn good!

Ingredients:
• 1.5 lbs chicken – cooked and chopped or shredded
• 1 can enchilada sauce
• 1/2 can corn
• 1/2 can black beans – rinsed
• 1/2 cup chopped onions
• 4 Lo-Carb Tortillas
• 1.5 cups shredded cheese

Directions:

Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a baking dish – top with two tortillas – and then another thin layer of enchilada sauce. Use a spoon to make sure all of each tortilla is coated with sauce.

Evenly distribute your cooked chicken on top of the tortillas.

Mix together beans, corn, and onion.

Spread the bean mixture over the chicken layer.

Layer 3/4 cup of cheese on top of chicken and beans.

Top with two more tortillas, and another layer of enchilada sauce.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. 

Add remaining cheese and bake for another 5 minutes or so until cheese is melted.


My picture
 
Here is the much prettier picture from Skinny Taste.
 


I wanted to share some updated pictures from Instagram for those of you who do not follow me on there.  My user name is julianagthomas if you are interested.




It makes me so happy to see him using his imagination and toys to play rather than always wanting to watch TV or play his DS.  
 
Ethan kept going into Garrison's room last night so Garrison set Ethan up in a laundry  basket with toys and a flash light.  Ethan's response?  "Oh, Cool!"  Yep, this is his new favorite saying along with, "Aww man".

I'm pretty sure it doesn't get much sweeter than this folks.
 
Or this...just some morning conversation this past weekend.
 
Ya' know...Garrison and I just being Gangstas!
 
 
 I am loving my new custom baseball mom shirt I got on Etsy.  Can't wait to wear it this fall. 
Go Cubs!

~Jewels*


No comments:

Post a Comment