Friday, September 6, 2013

Crockpot White Chicken Chili

I have another successful Pinterest recipe for y'all.  And I know you busy Mamas will love it since the crock pot does most of the work.  By the way whoever says they can't wait until fall/winter so they can pull out the crockpot is crazy!  Chili and soups are just as good in the summer... even in Texas where we are on our 28th straight day of triple digits.  Ugh.

Moving right along... all four of us liked this recipe.  And that says a lot when you are talking about a toddler, a sometimes picky almost 8 year old and a husband who is pickier than my oldest son.  As I type I am eating the leftover chili and my toddler is repeating, "Bite, Bite, Bite" wanting some of mine (even though he just had a bowl for lunch). 

Crockpot White Chicken Chili

Ingredients
Chili:
1 1/2  lbs uncooked chicken breast (can be frozen) cut into 1-2″ chunks
2 – 15 oz cans of white beans (drained)
1 – 15 oz can of white corn (drained)
1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic finely chopped (or 1-2 Tablespoons minced garlic from the jar)
1 package taco seasoning
1 – 7 oz can of chopped green chilies
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 – 14 oz can of chicken broth

Toppings:
Sour cream (I used fat free) - 1-2 T per serving
2 tbls lime juice (I left this out because quite frankly I forgot)
 Finely chopped cilantro (I left this out because I didn't have any)
Fresh shredded cheese (I used reduced fat Mexican cheese)
Corn tortilla chips

Directions
Place cut up chicken in the bottom of the Crock Pot.  Add beans, corn and onion.  Mix the next four ingredients and pour over the top.  

Cover and cook on low in the Crock Pot for 8-10 hours.  (I was running low on time so I cooked mine on high for about 3 1/2 hours).

Before serving use a potato masher to break up the chicken.  (Make sure you do this very quickly with pressure and alternating directions… the consistency should change from brothy with chunks of meat and beans to a very thick and even consistency.  If it is still brothy, keep mashing).
*I didn't have a potato masher so I just did the best I could.  It was probably more of a stew than a chili but it was still good.*

Add shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, a splash of lime juice, cilantro and chips before serving
 *Recipe and photo from Design Wine Dine blog.



 
~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment