Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mexican Foodies, Weekend Recap and Boyscout Potatoes

My mom and dad have passed on their love of Mexican food to me and I am proud to say that Garrison has also inherited this blessing/curse.  That kid has been chowing down on chips and hot sauce since the ripe age of three!  On Sunday we went to this little Mexican food restaurant after church and we decided to order Ethan an enchilada.  This kid LOVES to eat!  I so wish I would have gotten a picture of him but I couldn't take more than a 5 second break between his noises of "Mmmmmm" and "Uhhhhh Uhhhhh" (wanted more).  Last night I decided to stick with this cuisine and heated him up a bean burrito.  He pretty much ate the whole thing.  I think he liked it!

Who smiles as they are taking a bite of food?  Oh wait...me!


That is a Mexican soul patch right there - bean face! 
 
I couldn't let him enjoy his Mexican feast alone so I joined in with a Dos Equis! :)


Weekend Recap
This past weekend was great because I was able to catch up with lots of friends.  I am kicking myself for not getting pictures.  I did, however, get this great shot of my boys and my friend Cassie's adorable kiddos when we got together on Saturday afternoon.  Her son Brenden was imitating Miss Avery's frown ~ Right on B!  Garrison is showing me his "Hurry up Mom!" smile and Ethan is off in his own little world.  This is real life and I love it!


Saturday night Garrett and I were able to hang out with my awesome friend Kelli and go hear Chris Allen play.... fiveminutes from our house.  You can't say that too often when you live in the outskirts of a big city.  We knew a couple of guys in the band from high school and I had been wanting to hear them play for a while - they did not disappoint! You can check them out on Facebook by clicking here!

After staying out way too late Saturday night, getting up way too early Sunday morning and taking COLD showers Garrett and I still miraculously made it to church on Sunday with the boys.  Now that's something to be proud of!  Sunday afternoon was spent buying a hot water heater (oh the joys of owning a home).  I steered clear of the garage for a few hours while Garrett installed it.  When I came to check on him my choice to give him some space was confirmed when I saw an overturned office chair and his dress shirt ripped in a few pieces on the floor next to him.  I think there was probably a little bit of frustration in that process for him.  :)  While my husband may not always be the most patient man I am so grateful that he is able to fix things around the house for us.


Boyscout Potatoes
I don't think I have shared the awesomeness of this side dish with y'all yet.  I don't make it too often since it's basically a heart attack on a plate but here is the recipe for all of you potato lovers out there!

2 Russet Baking potatoes
Purple Onion
Package of shredded cheddar cheese
Stick of butter (yes, you read that right)
Salt & Pepper
  • Preheat oven to 425.
  • Wash the potatoes - no need to peel! :)
  • Slice potatoes as thin as possible.
  • Slice (not chop) onion as thin as possible.
  • Put one layer of potatoes in a small glass casserole dish. 
  • Put one layer of onions on top. 
  • Put pats of butter on top and salt and pepper. 
  • Repeat layers until you are out of potato slices.


  • Bake for 30-40 minutes (until potatoes are tender).
  • Put shredded cheese on top (can also add halfway through by picking up potatoes with a fork.)
  • Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.


Ennnnnjjjjooooyyyy!

Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment