Monday, July 30, 2012

Here We Go... and Ranch Jack Chicken

Why is eating right/dieting/living a healthy lifestyle...whatever you want to call it... so hard for some women?  I despise (and no, that is not too strong of a word) those women that LOVE healthy food.  How is that possible?  Who doesn't like raw cake batter or cookie dough?  Who really wants to blot the grease off their pizza?  Who honestly prefers celery over french fries?  C'mon now!

But the time has come (ahem) again, where I realize I must do something about my fat.  And unfortunately I normally have no major motivations to lose weight.  My husband, for whatever reason, still finds me attractive.  My oldest son always tells me he thinks I'm pretty.  I wish my doctor would even tell me my blood pressure is thorugh the roof or I'm about to have a heart attack from high cholesterol.  But no... always great checkups.  So, I have to make the decision to do it for me.  Oh yeah, and there is our vacation to Mexico coming up in about 6 months.  Wooooo hoooo!  I'm determined to feel comfortable and confident on the nude beach this time around.  I am SO kidding.... the thought of me on a nude beach even made ME cringe.  But I am determined to feel confident in my swimsuit at least.

I'm back to Atkins.  Say what you will about it but it works for me.  I am borderline hypoglycemic (get really shaky when I don't eat a lot of protein) so Atkins actually works well for me.  And I have had tests run about a month into the diet before to learn that my blood pressure and cholesterol levels are still good.  The only problem is if I go off the low carb eating I tend to gain a lot of weight back.  I think this is more of a mindset than a body thing though.  I think after not having carbs for a couple of months I feel like I can eat them in moderation but then I go overboard.  The funny thing is I never even crave them after not having them for a week or so.  I actually feel awesome when I am doing Atkins, even without working out.  I have so much energy and it helps that I lose weight like crazy while doing it.  Hopefully this time around I will stick with it until I reach my goal and then slowly add back in good carbs or at least just be able to maintain the weight.  We shall see. 

I will try and post my progress each week... that should hold me accountable.  Wish me luck!

My friend posted this on Pinterest the other day.  It is SO true!  Good thing I started today or I wouild have had to postpone to next Monday. Ha!



And you can expect most of my recipes in the near future to be low carb as well.  Here is one I plan on making tonight and only because I know I have all of the ingredients at home and I don't have to go by the store.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  Looks super easy!

Ranch Jack Chicken
3 boneless,skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
6 strips bacon,fried crisp, and crumbled 1/4 cup prepared ranch dressing
1/3 cup shredded monterey/jack cheese

Cooking Instructions:
Fry chicken strips in butter til done.Turn into a lightly greased casserole dish.Pour dressing over chicken. Then put crumbled bacon on, then the shredded cheese.  Broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned.



*Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment