Friday, July 20, 2012

Thankful and Paula Deen Banana Pudding

My boys both got colds a couple of weeks back and of course I caught it as well.  (Funny how Garrett never caught it, hmmmmm.)  Then I woke up Saturday morning with the dreaded and awful UTI.  Ladies, if you have never had one of those you should be super grateful.  They are painful!  So after getting on antibiotics for that my cold got worse and moved down to my chest.  Monday afternoon I go to the doctor and find out I have bronchitis.  I have never had bronchitis before but it is not fun.  I was so incredibly drained, couldn't sleep because of the coughing and felt like an awful mom for not being able to do anything fun with my boys.  And on top of it all I missed 2 days from my new job.  Ugh.  Let's just say it wasn't a very fun week.

My double sickness this week led me to reflect on how thankful I am for my health.  And how thankful I am for the health of my boys.  I hear about all of these terminally ill kids and it is impossible for me to relate to their parents.  I can't begin to imagine the pain of watching your child suffer.  This week (and hopefully always) I am so grateful for health and it motivates me to attempt to live a healthier lifestyle to maintain that health.  After all, is this not a good reason to be healthy?


Also, I have decided to start adding a recipe with each blog.  I have a lot of friends who often ask for new recipes so they can change it up in the kitchen.  Anything I post will be something I have made myself and gotten a stamp of approval on from friends or family.  And speaking of trying to live a healthier lifestyle, here is Paula Deen's "Not Yo' Momma's Banana Pudding" recipe.  Hahahaha!  My friends even requested that I make it again this weekend for a get together... enjoy!!!




Ingredients          

1 12-ounce container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whip
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 cup milk
1 5-ounce box instant French vanilla pudding
6-8 bananas, sliced
2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies

Directions

Line the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


*Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment