Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Unfamiliar Paths and Taco Soup

Do you ever find yourself going down a different path than you intended?  Do you get frustrated when things don't go just the way you planned?  I know I do.  I am a planner by nature.  I love being in control of my life and always knowing what my next move will be.  God has shown me time and time...and time...again that He sometimes has something better for me than what I plan. 

I wish I could say that when God takes control of my life everything is perfect.  And that when I am taken off my planned path God makes everything magically work out for me... but He doesn't.  I have come to realize that He wants me... no, he NEEDS me to go through some things to make me the woman He wants me to be.  I have learned that I should stop focusing on what I want to be, what my husband wants me to be, what my kids want me to be, what my friends want me to be.  I have to follow Him and His plan for my life.  I have to allow Him to make me the person He created me to be.  I have to stop trying to please everyone around me and start trying to please God. 

I believe the devil is real and he attacks us where it hurts the most.  In my life I have experienced his ruin first hand.  Every single time, without fail, I start reading a devotional or spending more time in worship, the devil comes in and hits me where it hurts the most.  He tries to tear apart my most precoius realationships.  As a result I find myself pulling away from God, hesitating to start another devotional, not wanting to go to church every Sunday just so my life can be easier.  But you know what?  God is real too.  And he has proven Himself to me countless times.  And the truth is I ALWAYS come out stronger in the end when I push through those difficult times knowing that God has something really great for me on the other side.

My friend sends me devotionals every now and then and this verse was so perfect for this topic I had to share it:

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths ... I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16 (NIV)

I have decided to let God take me down whatever path He chooses for me.  And I will praise Him the entire way!


And as promised I am sharing another receipe!  This one is super easy and my husband asks me to make it all the time!


Taco Soup
1 lb hamburger meat
2 small cans tomato sauce
1 packet taco seasoning
2 cans kidney beans (drained)
3 cups water
Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese, Tortilla Chips to garnish

Brown hamburger meat and drain.
Mix water, tomato sauce, drained kidney beans, hamburger meat, taco seasoning in a large pot and bring to a boil.  After it comes to a boil turn it on low and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Serve in bowls and garnish with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream (and even chives!).
Yum!  Here is a picture from the internet and mine looks similar, minus the corn.  :)



Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment