Friday, July 27, 2012

Be Quiet, Be Still and Easy Chicken with Cream Cheese and Bacon

If you were to ask someone to describe me I guarantee you one of the things they would mention is that I am a fast talker.  I even remember a guy in high school commenting to my friend and I that we had our own language becuase we talked so fast no one could understand us.  I think fast, talk fast, plan fast and get it done fast.  I think this part of my makeup has definitely been a strong skill for me in the work place, being on top of things at home and definitely with raising kids.  I am always armed with a plan and ready to go, go, go. 

While being fast can be a huge advantage in most areas of my life I have learned it is a barrier to my relationship with Christ.  I have always been jealous of those people who hear from God.  Why was I always having one sided conversations with  Him?  I would pray and seek answers and while I would feel like he typically answered my prayers in some way He would never speak directly to me. 

Side Note ~ Now, I have to pause and say this might sound like crazy talk to someone who is not seeking a deeper relationship with Christ.  But, I promise you, if you reach out to Him, He is there.  He is real.  He is present in your life every single day.  He is just waiting for you to let Him in.

I was going through a really difficult time in my life a few years back and I remember sitting in my bathroom literally crying out to God, "Tell me what to do.  Where are you?  Why won't you just tell me what to do?  I am giving this up to you.  Help me.  Please just tell me what to do."  These words were pouring out of me faster than I could even think them.  (Let's just say if anyone was standing there watching me they probably would have thought they had a nutcase on their hands.)  All of a sudden, just like that, all of my thoughts and words and crying came to an abrupt halt.  There was complete silence.  And for the first time ever I heard God speak to me.  His words were this, "Be quiet.  Be still."  And that was all.  You would think after waiting so long to have God speak back to me I would have been disappointed that this was all He had to say.  But I cannot begin to tell you what an overwhelming sense of peace I had in that moment.  It was as if I was carrying a 50 lb bag on my back and He came over and just took it from me.  Relief and  joy swept over me and through me.

The only reason I am sharing such an intimate experience with you is because I so desperately want others to know how real God is.  He wants to take your pain away.  He wants to heal you.  I have learned that it is hard for me to hear God or feel his presence when I am so caught up in my busy day to day life.  I have to take time to just be still and know that He is there.

Today I encourage you to be quiet and be still.  Take 5 minutes to just be in His presence.  I think you will be amazed at how He will reveal himself to you.





I'm trying to keep up with my promise of posting a recipe with every post.  Here is a new dish I made the other night and it was pretty tasty if I say so myself.  Another low carb one for y'all.


Chicken with Cream Cheese and Bacon (EASY)

4 medium sized chicken breasts
4 oz (1/2 block) cream cheese
6 bacon strips (approximately)
onion powder
garlic powder
sea salt


First you flatten out the thawed chicken breasts by slicing them through the middle. Than you line half of them in a greased baking dish, cut the cream cheese in cubes, and place a cube of cheese in the middle of each chicken breast.  Top each breast with the other breast half.  Sprinkle w/onion, garlic and salt and top with raw bacon slices.  (Go easy on the salt since the bacon is salty.) 

Bake in the oven at 375 for 30 minutes (or longer until chicken is cooked through).

Sorry I forgot to take a picture. 
P.S. This dish was kid approved!


Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment