Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Senior Series: Letting Go

You will be heading off to college in less than 4 months.  I have had a bittersweet mix of emotions for the last 18 years knowing this day would come.  To be a parent is to love your kids so much that you prepare them for all that is to come.  You love them so much that you have to have boundaries, rules and discipline.  You love them so much that you can't give them everything they want, even when you want to or you think they deserve it.  And the hardest part is you love them so much that you have to let them go, so they can be who God created them to be.  

You have turned into an incredible young man and we give all the glory to God.  I know you will succeed in anything and everything you put your mind to.  I hope you believe that.  My prayer is that you never forget the One who gave you this life and who is responsible for all of your gifts and success.  He will be there with you every step of the way, even when we are not physically with you.  (And you know we will be in that car or on a plane in a second if you ever need us, whether you are up the street or 1,000 miles away.)  

I was reading in Grandmama's Daily Light book the other day and came across a page titled, "Relocation".  It has scripture all around this theme and I wanted to share it with you because it's so good.

My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.

Where can I go from Your Spirit?  Or where can I flee from your presence?  If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.  If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.  He found him in a desert land and in the wasteland, a howling wilderness.  He encircled him, He instructed him, He kept him as the apple of His eye.  As an eagle stirs up its nest, hovers over its young, spreading out its wings, taking them up, carrying them on its wings, so the Lord alone led him.  THE LORD IS THERE.  Now give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in.  And He led them forth by the right way.  "In this place I will give peace," says the Lord of hosts.  Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Exod. 33:14; Ps.139:7-10; Deut. 32:10-12; Ezek. 48:35; 2 Chron. 1:10; Ps. 107:7; Hag. 2:9; Josh 1:9

Cheers to you!  We love you, always.






































No comments:

Post a Comment