Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Senior Series: Childlike Faith

I vividly remember how grief stricken I was after Grandmama passed away.  She was a rock.  She was a light in this dark world.  She was full of unconditional love, grace, and an unshakeable faith.  As you know, she passed right around the time Ethan was in the hospital multiple times with a serious case of pneumonia.  (I have no doubt she prayed fervently for him up until she went to meet Jesus face to face.  And I have no doubt God answered all of our prayers when He performed a healing on your brother that the doctors could only describe as "a miracle".)  

One day shortly after Grandmama passed, you and I were driving to Grammy and Papa's house, alone in the car.  I was very silent, just thinking back on memories with Grandmama.  Out of nowhere you said to me, "Mama, I wonder if Grandmama helped God paint that beautiful sky for us to see today."  You knew her gift of painting, a self-taught gift that she did not share with many, even when she should have.  I looked at the sky.  The beautiful sky that I did not even notice until that moment.  And my heart stopped.  In the midst of my overwhelming grief you reminded me what was most important.  As much as I selfishly wanted her here, Grandmama was no longer with us.  She was with Jesus, where she belonged.  You may not even remember that day, Garrison.  But in that moment you taught me the importance of a child like faith.  

Trust me when I say we can get so bogged down in the day to day of life.  As you get older the pressures of life will naturally increase.  But that doesn't mean our faith has to decrease.  My prayer is that you always have the childlike faith you showed me that day in the car.  I pray that when you have troubles in life (and there will be many, as there are for all of us) that you will look to the One who created you.  I pray that you will cast all of your fears, burdens, and anxieties on him and have the childlike faith (TRUST) that He will carry you through.  Because He will.  Every.single.time!


I love you.










"And He said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:3

"When  Jessus saw this, He was indignant.  He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." - Mark 10:14



No comments:

Post a Comment