Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Potty Training...in 3 Days!

If you were to tell me I would have my stubborn 2 year old potty trained in three days I would probably respond with "You gotta' be shittin' me!" - sorry I couldn't help myself.

My friend told me about the 3 Day Potty Training method and I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first.  After reading the book my skepticism turned to No Way...not happening!  This lady wants me to THROW AWAY all of our diapers?  She wants me to night train WHILE day training?  She's insane!  But after some more thought I decided Why not give it a try?!  We were planning on being home all weekend anyways while my husband and oldest son replaced our fence.  My thinking was I would rather have three days of complete exhaustion than three months of constant accidents.  And I'm SO glad I tried it!

I'm not gonna' lie.  It was hard work and I was one exhausted mama for the first two days. 

End of Day 2

But by Day 3 I was really glad I stuck it out!  If you want to purchase the e book or get more information on this method you can click here.  I won't go into all the details but I will say it actually ended up being a very positive bonding experience for Ethan and me.  And my husband and oldest son were SO encouraging to him as well! 

My big boy!
 
 
Some things I learned/remembered while potty training a boy:
 
  • The shield that is supposed to help boys keep pee pee in the potty does not always work.  Cover your face!
  • They may alternate between sitting and squatting while learning to poop outside of their diaper.  Don't freak out.  It should still land where it needs to.
  • M&M's are your BFF for three days.
  • You will sound like a broken record for three days.  "Remember to let Mommy know when you need to go potty.  You don't want to get Mickey (or whatever character is on their underwear at the moment) wet."
  • Don't EVER leave your husband alone with your 2 year old while doing a crash course in potty training.  You may (or may not) return home to a screaming baby in a bath tub with poop down the back of his legs and poop smeared all over the front of his training potty.  Wow!


 

Joking aside - I've said it before and I'll say it again.  God sure knew what He was doing when He blessed us with this incredibly sweet and beautiful boy.  I feel so blessed to be his Mama.
 

 
~Jewels*  

No comments:

Post a Comment