Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Stand Firm

The closer you get to Jesus the more important you become to the enemy (Satan).  I have noticed this time and time again in my life and honestly, it has prevented me from wanting to deepen my relationship with God because I know that Satan will be right there to throw up a trial, an obstacle or a hardship. 

I can remember starting a devotional in the past and all of a sudden Garrett and I were fighting like crazy.  I put down the devotional and things got back to normal.  This happened on more than one occasion. 

I can remember all the lies that went through my head about why we shouldn't adopt Ethan...but that time I didn't give up.  Because God gave me confirmation that this is what He wanted for us and I soon realized those lies were not at all from God.  God showed me through the adoption process that the most important thing I could do was to trust Him and have faith.  I remember constantly coming across this scripture (Psalm 46:10) in the process.


Our pastor spoke about this specific topic at a class this past Sunday night and these are a couple of the verses he referenced.



Some of the most faithful Christians I know have been through trial after trial.  They have experienced abuse, death, major illness, addiction, depression, infidelity, poverty and loss.  And through it all they have stood firm in their faith.

 
I have learned to not be fearful of the enemy because God will always prevail!  Here are some of my favorite verses talking about the power God gives us to defeat the enemy.
 
“Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” ~Luke 10:19
 
“Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” ~James 4:7
 
How do we stand firm in our faith?  We put on the full armour of God!
 
 
Today I encourage you to not let anything prevent you from deepening your relationship with God.  He will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5).  No matter what trial you face He will be with you every step of the way. 
 
I would rather go through a hundred trials with Jesus than none without Him.
 
I refuse to delay my spiritual growth because of fear.  I want to be the woman God calls me to be. 
 


~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment