Monday, March 24, 2014

Gouda and Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops

I found this recipe in an AllRecipes magazine and it was ridiculously good.  I decided to make it on Sunday night to give myself extra time since it was a new recipe but it was so simple it could have easily been a week night dinner.  The hubs loved it too!



Ingredients:
  • 4 (6 ounce) thick cut pork chops (I used boneless and they were about 1 inch thick)
  • 8 slices smoked Gouda cheese
  • 1/2 pound fresh spinach, rinsed and torn
  • into bite-size pieces (I left mine whole)
  • 3 tablespoons horseradish mustard (I used egg wash instead - 1 egg and about 2 T milk whisked together)
  • 1 cup panko crumbs or breadcrumbs
  • Creole-style seasoning to taste (Tony Chachere's seasoning)
 
Directions:
1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.  Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2.Lay each chop flat on cutting board, and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, leaving three sides intact. Stuff each chop with spinach, and then with cheese.

Spinach I used
 
Gouda Cheese I used

Stuffed Chops
 

3.Place panko crumbs in a shallow dish. Coat each chop with a thin layer of horseradish (I used egg wash), and then roll in crumbs. Arrange chops in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning to taste.


 
4.Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until brown and crispy.  Mine only took about 30 minutes so check around then.  (Make sure chops are white, not pink at all.)

I served with mashed potatoes!  YUMMO!



~Jewels*

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment