Monday, July 8, 2013

Five Days of Fun (Pictures and Recipe Included)

What a long, relaxing four day weekend!  I was beginning to think reality was having my boys sleep in until at least 8 am every single day but I was suddenly snapped back into real life after my alarm went off at 5:30 this morning.  Sigh...I enjoyed it while it lasted!

Wednesday night the hubs and I had a date night and went to see Lone Ranger.  I loved it!  Him?  Not so much.  Then we went to this awesome place out in the country to shoot off fireworks with some friends.  The big boys had a blast!  And since I was just referring to the dads I guess the big kiddos loved it too! ;)  Us moms stayed behind with the little ones in the truck bed watching an awesome fireworks show for close to 2 hours!  What a fun night!  And yet again I'm kicking myself for not getting any pictures.

Garrison looking very patriotic (and stoic).


On the 4th we headed to my parents' for a relaxing day by the pool.  It pretty much included this:


along with some of this:

And I love this silly shot of Grammy with the boys.


On the way home we decided to make a last minute stop in Richardson to watch their fireworks show.  We went to a school parking lot and had an awesome view!  Love these shots of my boys!





There was lots of relaxing mornings and I caught this sweet moment of my boys on the couch Saturday morning.


We went to a family baby shower on Saturday and it was SO much fun!  I mean, have you ever played chug the beer out of the baby bottle at a shower?  These must have been level 1 bottle nipples because it took them for.ever!  And some of them did more spraying than drinking.  Ha!




And Ethan found another use for a doggy door.

That afternoon I went over to my parents' house for a little bit while my oldest was at a movie with his Nana.  I caught these hilarious shots of Ethan.  He's single and ready to mingle ladies!




It was nice to get back into the swing of things Saturday night by cooking a normal dinner at home.  And this one was delicious!

Chicken a la Gloria with Parmesan Spinach Orzo Pasta




I previously posted the recipe for this yummy chicken dish and you can see that by clicking here.

If you have never had orzo pasta you have to try it.  It's a pasta but shaped more like rice and makes a great side dish.  I would type out the orzo pasta recipe but since this post is already pretty lengthy I will just send you to my Pinterest link.  Click here.

Yesterday we had a great family day at church followed by lunch with some fam!  The message at church was about God's vision for your life and pressing on toward that vision instead of focusing on your past.  I wanted to share some highlights from the message with y'all because they are too good not to share.
  1. Looking back and focusing on the past deprives us of our future.
  2. Satan wants to keep you from God's best for your life.  Don't let him.
  3. His grace is sufficient for me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)  I love this scripture because when I feel like I am off track or like Satan is interfering with my relationships or God's purpose for my life it reminds me that His grace IS sufficient and it will sustain me.
"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 3:12-14

Even though I have been getting about 9 hours of sleep every night I still decided to lay down for a short nap yesterday afternoon.  That short nap turned into 3 hours of blissful sleep!

I am really loving this new John Frieda product.  I already use the Go Blonder shampoo but this root touch up spray is rocking my world!  You have to use it several times before really noticing a difference but it's definitely helping me delay getting my hair colored.

 

I forgot to post these last week, even though I did put them on Facebook.  These are some pictures of Garrison being silly in Old Navy (and scaring the crap out of some shoppers).  I have no idea where he gets it from! :)




I hope y'all have a great week!

~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment