Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Worn

Do you ever feel worn out, worn down, just plain worn?  I know I do.

I blogged about the song "Worn" by Tenth Avenue North a while back but the song was so new at that time I could not find a video anywhere online to share with y'all.  Guess what?  I found it!  Watch it below.


Oh, how I love this song. 

I looked up the definition for the word "worn" and I found it interesting that one of the definitions is damaged.  Ain't that the truth?  We are ALL damaged in some way.  We all have imperfections and at times feel like a failure.  Sometimes our failures, our disappointment in others, our broken pasts or broken dreams for the future can wear us down to the point where we feel like we have nothing left.

While this song may sound like a downer I think it is so encouraging because it shows us that everyone goes through these times in their lives.  Even Christians with deeply rooted faith sometimes get to a point where they feel like they have no fight left.  There are no perfect people and there are certainly no perfect Christians. 

I'm sure all of us can identify with this part of the song:

My prayers are wearing thin
I'm worn
Even before the day begins
I'm worn
I've lost my will to fight

I definitely have times in my life where I get so worn down I feel like I don't even have the strength to pray or the will to fight for something I know God wants for me.  But God always reassures me of His unconditional love, grace and mercy.  And my faith is renewed knowing that He will give me the strength I need to persevere.

So I will pray:

Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart that's frail and torn
I wanna know a song can rise from the ashes of a broken life
And all that's dead can be reborn


~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment