Monday, December 10, 2012

Quit Your Bitching!

I had an awesome weekend in Houston with my family and especially loved getting to spend time with my precious nephews and niece. 


 
It was Ellie Day's 1st birthday on Saturday and I can say with absolute certainty that she is the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on.  Tell me I'm wrong!


Oh, and I think she really liked her cake! :)


My sister continues to amaze me with her creativity.  She always throws the most awesome parties for her kiddos and Ellie's was no different.  It was a Raggedy Anne themed party and of course Ellie was dressed the part.  So cute!!!

Saturday night we were all exhausted after the party, although I'm not sure why since Kristin did all the work.  Haha!  We ordered pizza, relaxed and started watching Duck Dynasty (and couldn't stop).  I have watched a couple episodes with Garrett before but they were some of the first ones.  I thought they were funny but not funny enough to record them all.  I can officially say I am hooked now.  I was laughing SO hard!  Love, love love that show and I highly recommend it. 


P.S. Am I the only one that thinks Willie and Jase are pretty hot?




We got home yesterday evening and I was so tired from the weekend.  I had to do some laundry and the normal stuff around the house.  Ethan didn't sleep very well (hoping he's not getting sick) and I was up several times through the night to let the dogs out or check on him.  This morning I was exhausted and the worst part was I was running late so I didn't get coffee before heading out the door.  I'm worried about Ethan getting sick.  I'm worried about our tight money situation before Christmas, Ethan's birthday and our vacation.  I was just all around in a bad mood during my morning commute.

On the way to work I was listening to my favorite morning radio show (Kidd Kraddick) and they grant "Kissmas" wishes during the Christmas season.  Today's was about a woman who has been married to her husband for 20 years and they have two daughters, ages 15 and 3.  The husband has had a long fight with a rare form of brain cancer and they told him Thanksgiving would be his last major holiday.  It looks like he will now make it through Christmas.  I was listening to this story (and crying of course) on the way to work and I literally said out loud to myself, "Quit your bitching!!!".  Seriously!  How ridiculous is it that I am letting my day be ruined because I am tired?!  Shame on me!!!

I have a husband who works incredibly hard for our family.  He spent all day Saturday putting lights on our house to surprise Garrison when he got home from Houston (and it was SO worth it)!  I have two incredibly beautiful and healthy children who have everything they need and most of what they want.  I am so incredibly blessed to be able to work part time and have more time with my family.  The reason we are a little tight on money is because we are blessed enough to be able to go on a vacation to celebrate our almost 10 years of marriage that God has blessed us with.  I have awesome parents who let us ride with them to Houston and back and didn't complain once about a pit stop or a crying baby.  I have incredible family and friends.  And most importantly I have a God that loves me so much that He lets me be selfish from time to come and forgives me when I come back to Him and realize what is most important in this world.

Today I am grateful for all of these things.  I am grateful for grace, mercy, forgiveness and love.  I am grateful for family, friends, health and laughter.  I choose not to complain about the meaningless things in this world and I choose to focus on all of my blessings, because there are LOTS of them!

Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment