Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I Dare You...

I have blogged before about how much I love the book, "Love Dare".  For those who are not familiar with it, this is a book that challenges you to do something each day for 40 days to strengthen your marriage.  It is something you and your spouse can do together or individually.



I have decided that this is not a book that you are limited to following just once.  I am starting up again for the 40 day Love Dare challenge.  The best part?  I'm not even telling Garrett about it this time.  I'm sure he will catch on eventually but it makes it more fun not telling him. 

You can buy it online for around $10 or I have even found that you can google each day to get a quick view of the challenge for that day, i.e. "Love Dare Day 1" and it will pull up the challenge.  So far these have been the challenges:

Day 1 ~ The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose to not say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret.

This one was pretty easy for me, mostly because Garrett was gone most of the night last night.  Haha, just kidding.  He took Garrison golfing with one of our neighbors and his son so that was some good bonding time for them I'm sure.  And some good quiet time at home for Mommy and Ethan!


Day 2 ~ In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

Just some examples of what you can expect for the daily challenges.


On another note, I was able to see what "before 5 am" looked like this morning.  It was 4:59 am on the stove clock when I started my workout.  Ugh!  I am determined to do this at least 5 days a week until our vacation.  Pretty proud of myself for sticking to it!

Notice I did not take a picture of myself at "before 5 am".  Now that would just be scary!


Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment