Friday, December 14, 2012

Praise You In This Storm

The headline just keeps running through my mind:
20 children dead. 
20 innocent lives taken.
20 futures stolen.
20 families going through unimaginable grief tonight.

Unfortunately there are some extremely sick people in this world.  And unfortunately those are the ones that are headlined on the news every day.

I have to keep reminding myself that the majority of this world is filled with good people. 
  • People that are heartbroken over today's tragedy and are praying for those children and their families.
  • People like the principal of the school who turned on the PA system in an attempt to forewarn teachers.  
  • People like the 1st grade teacher at that school who immediately rushed her entire class to the bathroom and barricaded them in with a storage shelf.  She had students sitting on the toilet and climbing on top of each other just so they would all fit.  She told them she loved them and was proud of them all. She told them that if they believed in God to pray.  When these children told her they just wanted to have Christmas she told them they would.  
  • People who left work early today just to pick their kids up from school and hug them tight.  (I have never seen Garrison's school as crowded as it was today.)

Cancer, children being molested, children becoming terminally ill, abortions, children being abused... we can ask God why bad things happen but I am certain God does not make or allow bad things to happen.  We live in a broken world.  We have free will.  We are human.  It truly is as simple as that.  

I keep hearing people say that if guns were banned this would not have happened.  If gun owners were all asked to turn in our guns tomorrow do you really think the criminals would be first in line?  And most of the crazies or felons out there already own guns illegally or will find a way to get them if they are banned.  I refuse to give up my right to do everything in my power to protect my family against the evils of this world.  And I have to say I would actually be in favor of an armed officer, principal or designated administrator in every American school being allowed to get their CHL and carry a concealed weapon while on campus.  Gun Control is not the answer.

Jesus is so much bigger than the evil in this world.  Our faith is tested every day and I choose to praise Him through this.  I choose to let my faith be bigger than my fears.

I am comforted by knowing that those children are home with Jesus tonight.  I picture these beautiful children laughing, dancing and singing with the angels.  The best thing we can do is pray for all that died today and their families.  Pray that Jesus will make himself known to all that are suffering.

Life is so precious.  Let us not take it for granted.  Make your time here on earth count and use it for His glory, always.

This is one of my favorite songs and it is so perfect for how I feel today.




Jewels*







No comments:

Post a Comment